Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am Thomas, I have been riding bikes since I was a wee one. I bought my first bike when i was 15, a 1971 Honda CB650. Then in 2006 I had a bright idea that I wanted a harley. I have never done so much wrench work on a machine just so I could ride it. Then about a month ago, I was in a bad accident when a 19 yr old kid rear ended me at about 60 mph when i tried to hit the brakes for a deer and then side swiped me when he freaked out (when I am able I can upload pics of my bike) and I started internet shopping for my next bike. I fell in love with the VTX1800 and as of yesterday I am no a proud owner of one. I am happy to be a honda owner again and honda as awesome warrantys even for their used bikes. I am very impressed so far and i love the sound and feel of the machine and who can forget i love the power. I don't know how many of you guys wear helmets but i am a firm believer in helmets. I barely ever wear a helmet but was the night this kid hit me and it saved my head. I split the helmet right down the middle of helmet and i can't imagine how that would have felt on my noggin. :banghead: I am so ready to customize this bike because of the endless possiblities.

·
Premium Member
10,102 Posts
Welcome from Tennessee and wishing you a nice day. :patriot:

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
Welcome to the cafe from Moyock, NC. Glad you survived your accident and welcome to the wonderul world of the VTX. Lots of info and ways to mod your bike here.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Welcome to the Cafe from South Georgia. :patriot:

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
Welcome to the cafe :coffee:
search, ask, post, you're in good hands here with VTX Cafe. :D

glad you're ok :choppersm:patriot:

·
2,807 Posts
Hello from the showme state.

·
aka "Buddha Bill"
1,188 Posts
Howdy from Arkansas!. If you love your X, you'll love this place! Read, read, read the forums!They'll give you all the info to keep you bike purring and a hella lot cheaper the taking it tothe stealer! If you need a question answered, make sure you post it in the right forum.You'll get the right answer faster.

Rebel

·
No Reason To Be Serious
16,394 Posts
Welcome to The Cafe from sunny Shelby, NC (The Livermush Capital of the Free World)

-Ride Safe

Spoiler

:patriot:

·
Reeling Jackwagon
2003 1300S
9,234 Posts
Welcome to the Cafe from North Idaho

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
Welcome to the Cafe from Spring, TeXas. :cheers:

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
here's a shout out from Calgary Alberta - may you ride with the wind at your back, the sun overhead and the road endlessly winding.

·
Brooklyn New Yorker
385 Posts
Hello and Welcome to the cafe from Sanford Florida. Welcome to the VTX family.

·
Registered
4,323 Posts
Welcome from Idaho...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts