Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

My name is Anthony I am located in Brewerton, NY just north of Syracuse and I just received my new bike a coupe of weeks ago after finding a leftover dealer stock out of NJ on eBay. I had a 2001 Shadow ACE Deluxe but with wife riding with me more I used that as an excuse to buy a larger bike.... It was justified in my mind:) I am new to the VTX model and I have noticed the tremendous amount of info on these pages and so many beautiful bikes, not to mention the helpfulness when someone has a question.

I look forward to riding my new toy soon, if it ever stops snowing!!!

I am in the process of looking for a sissybar with luggage rack, bags, windshield, and engine guards. Any input would be great. The bags are my biggest question, what do you guys think looks best on the N model? I'm thinking Hard bags painted, but I am not sure yet....

Take care and safe riding!

·
AIRBORNE
5,567 Posts
Welcome to the cafe! I love the looks of that 1800N:cheers:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
Welcome aboard Anthony! :cheers: The 'N' is my favorite VTX style. Great choice. Glad you found the Cafe. There's more info here on you X (and I don't mean wife or girlfriend :D) than you'll ever need. Enjoy the Cafe. Ride safe.

·
Premium Member
27,731 Posts
Welcome to the cafe from Florida. I've got National Cycle hard bags they're not as large as some of the others but I'm not going cross country anyway. I like them and they're easy on easy off.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome to the cafe from Florida. I've got National Cycle hard bags they're not as large as some of the others but I'm not going cross country anyway. I like them and they're easy on easy off.
Nice look... did they require any modification for mounting?

·
The guitar, not the fish!
33,457 Posts
Welcome to the cafe!!..I love the rear fender on the "N" bikes!!..I wish they would've had that option for the 1300's...I'm trying to think of some hardbags that would compliment the rear fender shape you have there...Mutazu makes some that have a similar shape, but they're kinda small, and some guys have had some issues with the lids coming off going down the road....
www.mutazu.com

·
Premium Member
27,731 Posts
I didn't put the brackets on I got it this way. I have had the brackets off and all it is is 2 longer bolts and 2 spacers that I'm sure come with the bracket kit. It goes on simple enough and no water leaks at all and no need to treat them all the time like leather. Check them out the cheaper ones seem to have problems, I guess it come down to what you like and can afford. These give the passenger good leg clearance too.

·
"Semper Fidelis"
5,081 Posts
welcome to the cafe brother. Ride long and Ride safe

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
742 Posts
Anthony,

Welcome to the Cafe! Hope the snow melts soon!

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Got the Tsukayu strongs and swear by them...piks and installation instructions all around this site. Not sure how they would match up with the fender curve of your machine but....nice bags if they can work for you.

Welcome to the site and spend wisely...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey anthony i bought the exact same vtx1800n in same color i went with the honda sissy bar, as for the sadle bags ive been through 3 sets and havent found one i like. Maybe the hard ones are the way to go, if you go that way shoot me a pic so i can figure out something on mine. Dieselrcr

1 - 20 of 23 Posts