Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 VTX1300c, always runs great never any problems till now. Pulled her out to ride to work, it has been about a week or so since I have had her out. She started just fine, seemed a little sputtery but I didn't think much of it, she dropped right into a nice idle. Went inside to grab my jacket while she was warming up and when I came out she had died. Went to start her back up and she will not start, turns over fine but no ignition. Electrical seems strong and the gas is a new tank from the last time I had her out. I didn't have time to dig into her I had to get back to work. Any ideas as to what it is or at least a spot to start at. She is pretty much stock, scar mod and clayton mod but thats about it. Any help would be great. Thanks

:hmm2:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Also let me add this, as I was putting her back in the garage I took a good look at the petcock. There are two hoses coming off of it, a big hose and a small, I noticed the small hose was not connected to anything. I think that is a vacume hose and not a drain hose. Should it be connected to something and could that be my problem?

·
Reeling Jackwagon
2003 1300S
9,234 Posts
Bingo! It's a vacuum line

·
Certifiable Member
527 Posts
yes its a vaccum line it connects to the left side of the petcock(tree side).
It stops the flow of fuel if u have a wreck and if it gets disconnected

·
Registered
243 Posts
Hope that's all it is. Now, I wonder how that was pulled off?

·
Registered
528 Posts
The petcock is vacuum operated. The vacuum line goes to a port on the left or front of the bike side of the petcock.
Check the tubing to make sure it isn't cracked and leaking.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you all, that was the problem. Only thing I can think is that it wasen't seated well after the last time I had the gas tank off. Hooked it back up and she fired right up. You guys rock, be safe.
:cheers:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts