Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just upgraded from a Shadow to a VTX1300C a few weeks ago. I was able to find the Hondaline Sport headlight cowl, but I do not have the install instructions. I did a search, but did ont find anything. Can someone help a newbie?

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Does the cowl have the mounting brackets with it? Mounted one on my son's 1300C, mounted under upper tree and under headlight.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
The top 2 brackets will mount where the cable guides are located, we removed the guides and used the brackets instead. The lower bracket will mount under the headlight, we used some spacers to level the bracket. Mount the brackets first and then mount the cowl to the brackets.

·
Premium Member
1,485 Posts
Here are the instructions I saved from Mondo. I got confused too. What I had to do to make it work was on the two upper tree brackets there is a tab that turns up infront of the bolt hole. That tab rests on the front of the upper tree and the hole should line up. If that doesn't help, PM me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you very much! big help to a new member. Got a set of Cobra's on the way too. Can't wait for the spring ot break her in.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Where did you find the cowl for sale, i have found it on ebay but there are no mounting brackets with it, Does anyone know where i can get the whole assembly?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for the thread and especially the pics as I've just pulled my cowling out of storage after three years........ I love it! Now I just need to find a removable windscreen that won't need the cowl brackets taking off in order to switch it over.

If you have any suggestions they'd be appreciated.

Cheers

·
Banned
1,206 Posts
MS Batwing or Fats using the no tool fork mounted trigger locks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts