Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, i am ready to order some driving lights for my 1800. ive got it down to 2. the hondaline or show chrome. with the honda line it says if you have a spec 3 that you need fork covers if not using it with the windshield. that part alone was 60 to 100.00 depending on where you look. went to my dealer though and by suprise they made me a deal on the set thats as cheap as the show chrome line. so price isnt a factor. i read one review of the hondaline that said it didnt match the light very well. i find that hard to believe since its a honda part. any input on this? anyone with either one please lmk your pros/cons. thanks

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
hey guys, i am ready to order some driving lights for my 1800. ive got it down to 2. the hondaline or show chrome. with the honda line it says if you have a spec 3 that you need fork covers if not using it with the windshield. that part alone was 60 to 100.00 depending on where you look. went to my dealer though and by suprise they made me a deal on the set thats as cheap as the show chrome line. so price isnt a factor. i read one review of the hondaline that said it didnt match the light very well. i find that hard to believe since its a honda part. any input on this? anyone with either one please lmk your pros/cons. thanks
although I am not on an 1800 but a 1300, look at my signature file and have a look a the video or visit my profile site and look at my pic's as I have a hondaline lightbar installed. Video will be with the fairing and the pic's will be with the windshield so you will be able to see how it goes with the headlight. One word of advice is that I added the visor pieces to the driving lights which I think goes a long way to making them look like part of the over all flow of the bike.
Hope it helps you by having a visual reference.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
My sig also has a pic of the Hondaline on a 1300r. The plug and play feature of the Hondaline is nice.
A very good point that the Hondaline lightbar comes with a plug in which your bike already has a receptacal waiting for it in the headlight bucket.

·
aka "Buddha Bill"
1,188 Posts
A very good point that the Hondaline lightbar comes with a plug in which your bike already has a receptacal waiting for it in the headlight bucket.
Use a relay! I have the Hondaline light bar and it killed my starter switch:eek:. Chet's has info on relays and why you really need them.
http://www.rattlebars.com/mtz/hornrelay.html

Also check out Glen's headlight extension. I had to have it so the Hondaline bar would work work with my Hondaline windshield.
http://glensvtxgarage.com/headlightextension.html

Rebel

·
Premium Member
27,731 Posts
In my sig you'll the show chrome contour lightbar with the small lights. These lights are 50 watts apiece, they're the same bulbs the Golg Wing uses on theirs. In fact I order the from a Gold Wing site.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts