Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some assistance with the installation of my Kuryakn Pro-R Hypercharger.

http://www.kuryakyn.com/documents/installation/9460-21MC-0605.pdf

If you look at pic one of the PDF linked above, it mentions a hose A. This hose A is supposed to connect to a 90 degree elbow on the back of the Hypercharger.

The problem is that my bike (2008 VTX1300R - CA model) does not have hose A.

What should I do?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I cannot find that hose at all.

I am looking at the carb from the right side of the bike. I can see the nipple like thing on the bottom of the float bowl with the screw above it to allow fuel to drain out of the float bowl.

I can see the ring on the float bowl where the hose is supposed to run. I even saw it in a You Tube video on installing the Factory Pro Jet Kit. I am 99% certain that the hose was not there when I removed the stock intake.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Any suggestions on what I should do? I think I found it. I found a hose that runs from the left side of the carb around to a T-connector that eventually goes to the evap canister. I think I am going to hold off on finishing up the install until I can talk to Kuryakn. I am a little bent right now because of this.

·
Registered
18,990 Posts
you can try running without it, all it does is give positive venting to help with fuel flow into the bowl.

I will say toss the vacuum line that came with the unit in the garbage and buy some at the parts house.

also their jetting is garbage so you may end up getting the factory pro kit if you haven't already.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I have a Pro R on my 1300C and, Charlie is VERY correct about the vac line needing to be discarded and replaced with a better quality one, & going to the factory pro jet kit. I've been happy and had no performance or quality issues with my hypercharger once those issues were dealt with. Good luck. D Day

·
Certified Biotch!
7,165 Posts
I just finished installing one on mine today...I had trouble finding where the vacuum hose hooked to the bike...I think I have it in the right place...was a little tit with a black rubber cap over it..Hope thats the right place :eek::eek:

Kury's directions on these things suck!!!!!!!:banghead::banghead:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I completely agree that Kuryakn's install instructions suck. I am a technical trainer and am used to documenting steps to take. Consequently, I tend to find problems with install instructions, and these were no different.

I went ahead and put everything away for the evening and will call Kuryakn tomorrow. I have to ask them about that hose that is running to the evap.

That is the least of my worries right now. The biggest problem is that the two halves of the Hypercharger will not fit together unless I take a dremel tool to the outer half and do some serious modifications.

While I could do that, I won't. I didn't pay that much money to have to modify parts that should fit together. My concern is that I have already paid money for a charity toy run next Sunday and may not be able to ride.:mad:

Thanks to Charlie, I replaced the vacuum hose that came with the Hypercharger. I also installed the Factory Pro Jet Kit. Oddly enough, that was the easiest part of the whole thing. I went ahead and put the 210 jet in as recommended by Charlie. If need be, I can replace it with the 215, but I figured that I would start with the 210.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I wanted to give everyone an update. While I am clearly upset at Kuryakn, I have to give them props for their responsiveness. I spoke with Tim this morning and this is what he said: The Hypercharger is not CA emissions compliant and therefore the unit will operate fine without anything connected to the back as indicated in the install instructions. I am good with that. If I ever de-smog the bike, I can re-route that hose to the back of the hypercharger. With respect to the two halves not fitting together, Tim is looking at a pic that I sent him this morning and then will get back to me.

I have a pic of the gap in one of my albums. Not sure how to get it in this post.

·
Certified Biotch!
7,165 Posts
I am sure you have...but have you tried moving the covers for it around a bit...mine was like that also...but after moving the covers around here and there they finally came together and fits fine now...Just a thought...

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm having almost the same problem but I cant find hose C anywhere I'm installing It on a 2006 vtx1300c any help with this would be great

1 - 13 of 13 Posts