Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a trick to getting the front bottom acorn nut tightened properly? I'm guessing a crows foot wrench might work, but any way to be sure I have it torqued properly?

·
Pie liker/Snow Hater
9,911 Posts
Is there a trick to getting the front bottom acorn nut tightened properly? I'm guessing a crows foot wrench might work, but any way to be sure I have it torqued properly?
I just used a swivel and a short socket and had no problems getting that acorn tightened. The crow foot is another option that I've heard that works too.

Best way to torque properly is to buy or barrow a Torque Wrench so you can tighten to exact specs. Not certain...but I believe some automotive parts stores have tools you can rent too.

Let us know how it goes...and don't forget to post the after pictures when your done. :D

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! Think I finally got it.

Man do they sound great! Just gotta get you guys to teach me how run in stealth mode in and out of the neighborhood. Got the quiet core baffles on order for $25 from Phatperformanceparts.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Finally got my quiet cores in and found out why my pipes were so loud. When I went to install the cores I found out that I was running straight pipes with no baffles.:icon_eek:

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No cores is pretty loud and had some decel pop. Quiet cores still sound good, but I can get in and out of the neighborhood without waking everyone up and the bike runs better.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts