Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am trying to get some bolts to use on edge bracket. it will mount in the middle and end bolt holes of my fender struts. I know the end bolt is 8mm diameter, 1.25 pitch. the middle and front bolts are both 10 mm diameter and i am not sure if they are 1.25 pitch which is very very rare or if they are 10mm x 1.50 pitch which is very common and easy to find. My hunch is that the bolts i need are the almost impossible to find 10mm by 1.25...can anyone give me some info or possible suggestions here? If it is the 1.25 by 10mm, i think i am just out of luck. any help appreciated as always. Bry

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
couple of the reputable brothers, like mentioned above, say 1.25

ACE hardware usually carries them, there's one Ace Hardware that also sells online which is out in Brooklyn, in case you get to the city

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks Cindy, Jerry and Lou, got the pitch nailed down, i thought it was 1.25 for the 10mm, but just about nobody had that size online. today i tried Ace Hardware, Sears Hardware, Home Depot and Lowes, ugh, nobody had them. Chrome bolt has them online, and i might try the online Ace in Brooklyn. the 10mm by45mm or so cost around 8 or 9 dollars each bolt! :eek: sticker shock!
Oh well, if you cant pay, you cant play. :hmm2: The edge brackets i bought a few days ago mount up really great, now i want the retainers to look good when the bags are off, which will be a good deal of the time. Thanks again. Bry

will post pics when bags and brackets are complete. :patriot:

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
thanks Cindy, Jerry and Lou, got the pitch nailed down, i thought it was 1.25 for the 10mm, but just about nobody had that size online. today i tried Ace Hardware, Sears Hardware, Home Depot and Lowes, ugh, nobody had them. Chrome bolt has them online, and i might try the online Ace in Brooklyn. the 10mm by45mm or so cost around 8 or 9 dollars each bolt! :eek: sticker shock!
Oh well, if you cant pay, you cant play. :hmm2: The edge brackets i bought a few days ago mount up really great, now i want the retainers to look good when the bags are off, which will be a good deal of the time. Thanks again. Bry

will post pics when bags and brackets are complete. :patriot:
okay, here's their address and direction straight off 495 Expressway,
Ace Hardware
347 Knickerbocker Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11237
1-(212)-400-7488 / 1-(877)-289-9760 if you dont find it anywhere closer, give them a call see if they have it. it's about an hour from you, as a last resort!

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou...73.078443&sspn=0.124466,0.308647&ie=UTF8&z=10

years ago, i used to always stop by Little Neck Pkway before going by the JFK cargo area. just reminiscing a little!!! hope you get them closer and soon, want to see pics. bless :choppersm:D

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for your help Jerry. Hope its above 40 there by now. :D and Lou, i used to work near little neck parkway, but over in Queens at Creedmore. Scarey place. I appreciate the help, as always. Bry

·
Registered
447 Posts
Hey Bryan!
Common problem, I ended up ordering from mrcycles.com. I actually have 2 extras that I can sell you, I'm in Cedarhurst. PM me if you're interested!

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
Thanks for your help Jerry. Hope its above 40 there by now. :D and Lou, i used to work near little neck parkway, but over in Queens at Creedmore. Scarey place. I appreciate the help, as always. Bry
Hey Bryan!
Common problem, I ended up ordering from mrcycles.com. I actually have 2 extras that I can sell you, I'm in Cedarhurst. PM me if you're interested!
i dont know about you guys, but if you guys come to a solution to serve both needs, it seems like meeting in the middle, somewher in Islip or Hicksville! good reason for a little ride, coffee, :mosh::choppersm :icon_mrha

take care guys, enjoy, hope everything works out.
now i sort of miss the city:(. my son lives in Williamsburg, Brooklyn, but with another addition to family, he's going to be moving to Jersey, near the bridge.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i dont know about you guys, but if you guys come to a solution to serve both needs, it seems like meeting in the middle, somewher in Islip or Hicksville! good reason for a little ride, coffee, :mosh::choppersm :icon_mrha

take care guys, enjoy, hope everything works out.
now i sort of miss the city:(. my son lives in Williamsburg, Brooklyn, but with another addition to family, he's going to be moving to Jersey, near the bridge.
i agree, its a chance to meet a cafe member.. PM sent.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts