Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
let me know if this is a decent place to stay.
Im heading down to Charleston next weekend for a ships Reunion.
Just need a place to flop .. dont want to spend alot ... tks ...

Motel 6 Charleston North #642

2551 Ashley Phosphate Road
I-26 at Ashley Phosphate Road, Exit #209
North Charleston, SC, 29418
Phone: (843) 572-6590
FAX: (843) 572-9026

Thanks man !!

·
shock factor unrated
12,435 Posts
i haven't stayed there, but ashley phospate road is a decent location right next to the interstate...it's a busy intersection and i've spent the night at various locations over the years on ashley phosphate in an 18 wheeler...even off some of the side streets...you should be ok, but watch the motel 6, some (not saying that one cause i've never stayed there) are bad for crack heads (like the one in columbia on bushriver or broadriver road)

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man ...

Im supposed to meet up with a few guys who ride that are coming from the west in Spartanburg. Can you suggest a route other than 26 into Charleston. By the time I get to Spartanburg, Ill surely be tired of riding the interstate. Know ?

I just checked out the map ..

How is US 176 out of Spartanburg to 26 north of Columbia, then back on 176 to Goose Creek ??

·
shock factor unrated
12,435 Posts
you'll enjoy 176...lots of 2 lane and small towns (what your speed through some of the towns though)....if you decide to run it from columbia and back to the interstate, i would wait until after i pass by orangeburg so you don't get in all the stop lights around there....it's a nice ride out through the country on the back roads. you'll have a great time...we're (chance and i) are going down to charleston in 3 weeks to camp aboard the USSYorktown with the scouts...looking forward to the trip myself as i haven't been to charleston in 2 years now (use to go every other weekend)...we're camping aboard the yorktown on saturday night (but chance and i are going down friday after school), eating lunch, dinner, and breakfast aboard the ship sat & sun morning, then the pack is taking the ferry over to fort sumter for some educational activities...

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great ..I appreciate the help ..

Goose Creek ..bring back memories. Got back from a cruise. Rented a car, the boys piled in and we hit the town.

We were on our way out to the enlisted mens club at the weapons station. On the way out, I ran over an alligator ... its nose was over the dotted yellow line and the tail was well over the fog line ... a real shocker for this Long Island native ... being drunk didnt help either .. ahhhh the younger days.

Ofcourse Ive given all of that kind of stuff up now.

Have fun at the Yorktown !!

·
shock factor unrated
12,435 Posts
LOL...yeah, i've hit a gator down on the 2 lane between charleston and the interstate heading toward savannah...

will do, and you guys have a great time over their this weekend at the reunion

·
Registered
5,643 Posts
I agree with WR 176 is a great road to ride.
WR, I've been on the Yorktown and out to Fort Sumter a couple of times. Enjoy it

·
shock factor unrated
12,435 Posts
I agree with WR 176 is a great road to ride.
WR, I've been on the Yorktown and out to Fort Sumter a couple of times. Enjoy it
will do! been a long time since i've been to either...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts