Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve ridden bikes since late 60’s. The VTX1300C is first cruiser I’ve had; may not be the best bike for me but it’s casual to ride even though I drag a foot peg now and then; used to more performance and handling.

I made a mistake of putting on Cobra Slash cut slip ons and sold my stock pipes. I was looking for more performance , save a few pounds! The cobras are too loud for me, can’t use helmet speakers , phone etc, gives me a headache. I’d like a quitter system or back to stock. Tried everything to make cobras tolerable but they’re not!

help!

· Super Moderator
12,586 Posts
Can't help with your pipe issue, sorry. Welcome to the VTX Cafe. We love pictures so please do not hesitate to share some of your new bike.

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tire Fuel tank Wheel Automotive fuel system Plant

My 04 VTX1300C, showroom condition, always garaged, 25k miles; with the too loud Cobra pipes; I might have liked them more if I was 40 years younger! They got to go; who’s got Stock pipes in excellent condition for me?

· Registered
18,785 Posts
View attachment 245174
My 04 VTX1300C, showroom condition, always garaged, 25k miles; with the too loud Cobra pipes; I might have liked them more if I was 40 years younger! They got to go; who’s got Stock pipes in excellent condition for me?
Have you considered welding a flat washer to the inner part of the slash cuts? Maybe as a last resort. As you look into the pipe the washer would sort of resemble a bulls eye. A little more back pressure might actually make it run better.

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I’m looking for some smaller baffles that will insert into baffles that come with the Cobra pipes. I did add some other metal in those baffles but it wasn’t enough! And I’ve Re wrapped the cobra baffles

1 - 5 of 5 Posts