Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
I just bought some basic vacuum hose at O'Reilly's. I couldn't match the exact size, the new hose is a little smaller and tighter but fits and works fine - at least so far. If it's all stock you may have luck at Partzilla. I had done the pair valve mod so eliminated some of the stock hose.

·
Registered
2007 1300C
531 Posts
I just bought some basic vacuum hose at O'Reilly's. I couldn't match the exact size, the new hose is a little smaller and tighter but fits and works fine - at least so far. If it's all stock you may have luck at Partzilla. I had done the pair valve mod so eliminated some of the stock hose.
You should be able to get it at any parts house, auto or motorcycle, 3.5 mm equals 9/64. You have the old petcock off the bike, take it with you and get what fits. I think I bought 7/64 because 9/64 wasn't available at the time, but fits tight and works, I suspect 11/64 would work too. Your only looking at a couple of $$

·
Super Moderator
10,298 Posts
As others have said, buy the size you need by the foot from any chain autoparts store. I am unaware of any longer lasting type of hose. Think about it this way. How old is your bike? The original hoses lasted this long. The next set should also.

Reactions: JohnPaul2007VTX1300

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
As others have said, buy the size you need by the foot from any chain autoparts store. I am unaware of any longer lasting type of hose. Think about it this way. How old is your bike? The original hoses lasted this long. The next set should also.
Yes your right ill prolly be dead or the bike will be gone by the time I need to change the hose again hahaha thanks Vinish and Tom ill pick up some hose

21 - 24 of 24 Posts