Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2008 VTX 1300C and I love it. My only problem is the handlebar which is not at comfortable position for my height. I’m 5,10. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
15,730 Posts
Welcome from central Pa. high atop the Alleghenies. No 1300 expert here, but I'm sure others will tell you what to do with your 1300 C. Most just replace risers, worth a few inches of shorter reach, but I'm not sure if yours can do that.

·
Super Moderator
9,443 Posts
The C model does not have a separate riser, unfortunately. The bars are bolted directly to the top triple tree brace. This makes the C model the hardest on which to modify the bars. Look up something called the "socket mod" which is an option. Another option is to replace the C model bars with the R/S/T model risers and bars. The latter might require a change to the cables/lines to lengthen them but I'm not sure about this.

·
Too short for my weight
5,316 Posts
Welcome from the mountains of western NC! I have a C, i put risers on mine. It moved the bars up and back an inch or so. I’m hoping to put mini apes on mine next winter to make it more comfortable for my shoulders and back.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Welcome to the Cafe' from the booming metropolis of Wallburg, NC

@ 5' 10"... the "socket mod" should be enough for you. Anything more, and you might have to reroute the cables behind the tree (no biggie).
Lots of info on the mod here on the cafe'

·
Registered
457 Posts
Welcome, from east Texas.

·
Premium Member
10,046 Posts
Welcome from Tennessee and wishing you well! :patriot:

·
Super Moderator
5,253 Posts
Welcome to the Cafe from the sunny central valley in California. Enjoy the Addiction!
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if !mso]><object classid="clsid:38481807-CA0E-42D2-BF39-B33AF135CC4D" id=ieooui></object> <style> st1\:*{behavior:url(#ieooui) } </style> <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
9 Participants
SPARKY5151
Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum
VTX Cafe Forum is for owners of Honda VTX 1300 or VTX 1800. Join this community to discuss mods, specs, parts & more!
Full Forum Listing