Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey team, i was having trouble with my blinker toggle getting stuck in its position or just being really difficult for a while now. Finally she gave in and was not working at all. I took it apart and cleaned it all up similar to how you guys taught me how to clean the start button when the start button was getting no response. Now that the start button works perfectly , thanks to you guys , the blinker is failing. So i took it apart and cleaned it all up , put it back together , and it was working just fine when i was manually moving the plastic piece left to right. Finally i put it all back together and i go and try the blinker and when i switch to the blinker it just goes black , and does not blink . Same on the other side . And also now the horn wont work?? Im confused , so i left everything open i just gave up for the night and came crawling back to the pros . Any help , advice , experience , thoughts , would all be greatly appreciated. Part of me being happy with my wheels is not just a cool bike but its being a member of this forum. Thanks ! -JP-

·
Super Moderator
10,363 Posts
With the horn button being in the same wiring cluster and handlebar switchbox, I suspect that you somehow messed up some wiring during your efforts. Perhaps, a connection came loose. Perhaps a connector in the headlight bucket came loose. Perhaps wires got pinched and broke.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Look close at the purple and black wire. That's power to the switch, which is good as is the fuse or the running lights would not come on. Since you loose the running lights when you toggle the switch and the blinkers don't come on, it seems your loosing the purple and black power when you toggle the switch. Unfortunately the switch may be bad. You should be able to test it with an ohm meter if you disconnect the wires in the headlight. It's the blue and the black 6 pins and the wires to the lamps are bullet connectors.

·
Super Moderator
10,363 Posts
Also check all the fuses.

Reactions: JohnPaul2007VTX1300

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ended up being the fuse guys . Im guessing i must have touched 2 contact points with the metal bar that holds down the blinker part that i cleaned up. Its working great now . Thanks to the forum i was able to do this and saved a couple hundred bucks , or less but around there depending on where i took it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts