Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Washington riders,

Got to love this weather, right?

Just wondering what you all do on days like these when it is just unacceptable ride?

I ride year round, but keep it in the garage once the tempurature dips into the 30's. I have electric gloves and I wear rain pants over leather chaps, plus layers under my leather jacket. If I am going a longer distance, I may wear a thin head scarf thing under my helmet.

I need a few more lights on the V. I put on the Triple Whammy tail lights which improved visibility big time on the back side. I am planning on putting on the Constellation Light Bar from Kuryakyn. Oh, and a batwing... got to put that on this weekend. ;)

How about you others? Do you do anything special on your bike for winter riding?

Happy thanksgiving!

Wes

·
Registered
4,323 Posts
Welcome from Idaho...

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
welcome from New York, i ride year round unless its snowing or icing. Most changes are in what i wear, not really any changes to the bike. I would like to put on a triple whammy, that is one area in which the stock X's are weak imo.
Safe riding! :choppersm
Bry

·
Premium Member
10,101 Posts
Welcome from Tennessee and wishing you a nice day. :patriot:

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
Welcome to the Cafe from Spring, TeXas. :cheers:

·
Traveler
2,647 Posts
I ride year round too, I have the triple whammy and lites in my hard bags. I also have 50 watt Lazor lites. Hand guards and engine guard chaps with heated gloves and jacket liner I"m pretty comfortable.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ok just moved back to Spokane after 11 years down in AZ, its sucks having to put the bike in the garage (November had 25+" of snow) so I just go out and pet the bike, but I put HID on my VTX when I was still down in PHX. Major difference in night riding- talk about being more visible! Some drivers get upset but I figure if they hate my headlight that means that they seen it and me! The stock VTX headlight sucks

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am with you, overkill. The VTX is really lacking in the stock lighting department. The Triple Whammy has really helped and I just added a Constellation Light Bar on the front. Big big improvement.

As far as annoying other motorists, I don't go out of my way to be obnoxious, but I don't apologize for loud pipes and a well lit bike - especially on the highway. Besides, there are pleny of Beamers with the xenon headlights for them to spend their energy on. ;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
winter riding

Unfortunately, my winter riding has consisted of sitting on the bike in the garage and remembering what it felt like to have the wind in my face. Now that the snow has disappeared in town might have a chance to ride a bit more before next onslaught. It's all good I suppose. Can't imagine NOT having the bike even if it's just in the garage for a bit.
Hope the winter is treating everyone well.
How many Washington riders are there in the Cafe? Anyone from Spokane area??? :choppersm

·
Registered
10 Posts
Haven't done much riding the last 15 years. Back then I did ride year round. I'm sure once I get back on, in the next couple of months, the bug will bite me strong again and it'll turn into the year round deal. I will definitely go with the electric gloves...and probably socks too!

·
The Wanderer
6,665 Posts
I usually enjoy my Washington State rides no matter when I ride up there I seem to get wet!
Ed knows some good rides up that way.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts