Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,457 Posts
The pics are blurry in his thread here, but if you click the blurry pics, it takes you to PB and they are NOT blurry there. Some hope still exists. I pay for PB, as I had been doing for a few years before their highway robbery prices took effect. After enough backlash from members, they dropped the price back down to what I was paying before. I renewed because I didn't want all my write-ups to go away...the price I pay to keep on helping others. ;)
I went to Photo Phucket and yes, you can see the pictures in a modified non blurry format...................after going through and closing half a dozen commercials and ad boxes and then waiting about 3 minutes for the photo to load!!! Of course since you subscribe to Photo Phucket Jason, maybe you don't have to go through that! One thing for sure is that they are not going to give you access if you are not a paid subscriber without making some money on you through advertising which is why (I am guessing) they blur the pictures so you have to go to their web site an agonize through still more commercials (there should be a law!!!!!!!)!!!!!

·
Fastest Red Club Member
2007 VTX 1300R, Indianapolis
7,647 Posts
This new forum let's you upload several pics. Of course you lose owning them but I've already had pics stolen from my Photobucket.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Well I found an answer for everyone that needs a replacement disk or is undertaking the Foots mod. Use the Honda Goldwing 1500 GL GLX or SE 1988 - 1989 rear rotor. The dimesions are a perfect bolt on fit to the 1800c rim with the 1300c rear brake package. No machining required. Just did mine and it was just like they made it to fit this application.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
After looking at the dimensions for the rotor that were posted I was looking at the ID of other Honda bikes to see if I could find one that only the outer diameter need to be turned. Can across this one with all the right dimensions list.

·
~ High-Finesse Hooligan ~
11,589 Posts
OK Jon, I used your link posted above to look at mjklasers mod on my desk top computer and the pictures were Blurred to the point that they were unusable!!! If this is not the case for anybody else I don't understand it!!!! Are you using a service other than the Cafe because any link that I follow on here to Photo Bucket pictures is so blurred as to be unrecognizable and unusable!!!! Help me out here because that is what I am seeing!!!!!
I fixed all the pics using 'flickr', a while ago. See post #75 on page 4 >>> A ''How To": Doing a Foots/Slapjack Mod to put a 200mm wide rear tire on my 1300R

'laser

P.S. That dude's rotor 'find' is astounding! Going to look into it...

·
Registered
5 Posts
You are spot on. Just finished the conversion on mine and that goldwing rotor is a great match. Thanks for not only figuring that out but sharing the knowledge.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts