Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
WTF, Over!
8,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to a new (to us) restaurant in Edgewater, MD, called The Edgewater Restaurant. Original name, I know, but it is a little hole in the wall that has been there for years and years. Family owned, and with real local crabs (Chesapeake Bay Blue crab, in high demand, means a lot of places use NC or TX gulf crabs). The crab cakes are amazing, the crab imperial is phenomenal, and all sides are fresh and tasty. In MD there are a lot of seafood houses that get huge press, like G&M or Jerry's, but Edgewater beats it all. The ones like G&M have HUGE crab cakes (size of softballs) as does Jerry's, using lump crab, and while great stuff, you pay for it. Edgewater has more modestly sized one (hardball sized), but also uses less egg because it doesn't need to hold as big a mass of meat together.

http://edgewaterrestaurant.blogspot.com/2010/07/lunch-menu.html

Definitely worth a stop in you are in the Annapolis, MD area.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Now I'm hungry for crab cakes!
Me too!
But, I've got a good recipe. Instead of using egg as a binder take fresh shrimp, put it in a food processor and turn it into a paste. Use that to hold your crabmeat together. Search for Cook's Illustrated crab cakes recipe online for step by step instructions. First time I saw it, I thought I'm gonna try this once, but it looks like a pain. I'll never cook crabcakes another way. Although I'm lucky- I have access to fresh crabmeat- no canned!

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
That sounds good Norm, if you are ever on this side of the bay there is a really neat little bar called the Tap Room in Chesapeake City that has the best seafood chowder I have ever had and they also have steamed crabs in various ways (dozens, all you can eat and some other specials) and I hear they are fantastic. Karolyn and I went there for lunch today and it was wonderful.

·
Registered
16,048 Posts
Hey, Steve, how does it compare to where we met/ ate near your place? Was it Jerry's? Started with a J. Oh wait- JIMMY's.

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
Hey, Steve, how does it compare to where we met/ ate near your place? Was it Jerry's? Started with a J. Oh wait- JIMMY's.
Very different from Jimmy's it's a small bar and it's located in Chesapeake City which is on the C&D canal. It's where rt 213 crosses. If you want some good local seafood it's really good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts