Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Family,

Been gone for a min, well that is from posting... but i am always getting push notifications and viewing them every week....

At any rate
, I wanted to add some LED lighting and a Light Bar and wanted to put the accessories on switches.... So....

my question is, does anyone have some place to HIDE the switches, be it Rockers, or toggle switches on the bike? let me know where u hid them besides on the handle bars or on the batwing....

I was thinking of putting two rocker switches on the gas tank bezel ( farther to the front) but didnt know if there was enough clearance to do so.... I think i read somewhere on here as to where someone put them somewhere behind the seat?

if you have pictures please post....

Thanks family...

as always this is a wonderful place...

Deephi

·
Registered
16,345 Posts
The P.O. of my bike had blue 'pod' style LED's under the tank, controlled from a standard size black batwing toggle switch mounted just -above- the ignition key switch. Can't really see unless you're looking. Easy to reach down a bit and feel even while riding. I've seen micro switches on the front of the left side cover.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cool...this gives me some ideals.... thx guys...

·
Fastest Red Club Member
2007 VTX 1300R, Indianapolis
7,402 Posts
Front of battery box. Just inside of the side covers. Several have small switches there. Left side because of exhaust pipe obviously.

·
Mean ol' Mo' Fo'
355 Posts
I put a single toggle switch to defeat my TFI when I get low on fuel while hiway riding.
Its at the base of the tank jus forward of the seat on the frame right side. Out of the way and easy to access

·
Registered
2005 VTX 1300
29 Posts
I have a toggle switch mounted to the right side passenger foot peg bracket, held on with hose clamp. Right by the battery, just ran a wire with fuse holder under my seat to the battery.
Switch works light strips to trunk and saddle bags and my stereo. Can't see the switch unless you look for it.
No pro job, but easy install for me .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts