Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
PURE ROCK FURY
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the bright blue light that indicates the high beam on bother anyone elses vision while driving at night.
I drive home form work around midnight and take all back roads...I am constantly on the alert for deer and other animals but when I flip the brights on and that blue light almost negates any advantage I might get from the high beams.
Short of a piece of electrical tape to block it out has anyone ever modded this feature on thier bike?
Thanks in advance Eric

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Some have tried many things to dim the indicator down. Cotton ball stuffed into the lense, coloring the inside of the lense or top of the LED black. You have choices, let us know what you try.

·
Registered
7,114 Posts

·
Banned
3,042 Posts
A small piece of cotten ball in it works great. And around here those high beams are needed at night to spot the deer

·
No Reason To Be Serious
16,394 Posts
"COTTON IN THE HOLE"

worked well for the Spoiler

(I did it the same time I put my new speedoface plate in....:))

·
PURE ROCK FURY
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
"COTTON IN THE HOLE"

worked well for the Spoiler

(I did it the same time I put my new speedoface plate in....:))
Seems pretty unanimous so cotton it is...by the way where do you guys get the custom faceplate's?

·
No Reason To Be Serious
16,394 Posts
Seems pretty unanimous so cotton it is...by the way where do you guys get the custom faceplate's?
Here's the site....

http://stargis.net/webslinger/index.htm

Here's a thread about it....

http://www.vtxcafe.com/showthread.php?t=49982

-The guy at webslinger can make any speedo plate graphic you want. Pick one of his selections, or send in your own pic... In just a few days you will have a proof emailed to you for approval, then within a week you will have your new faceplate. Inexpensive and easy to install..

Spoiler

PS..... The same time you install the speedoplate, go ahead and dim your hi bean indicator with cotton then too. And you might as well put the noise preventing washers on the tank chrome then too... Three mods at the same time... Now that's the best bang for your buck...

·
Registered
7,404 Posts
I pulled the bulb and coated the tip of the bulb with a black permanent Sharpie marker 7 years ago.
Donut/ :patriot:Doug

·
Registered
7,114 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
Cotton works good , my neighbor took out his bulb and painted it blue on the tip , seemed to have cooled down a little-- not so much of a spot like effect in your face..

·
PURE ROCK FURY
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thanks for the links guys...lots of great info as usual..I am going to do the faceplate,cotton and sylvania head lamp bulb.
Thanks Eric

1 - 17 of 17 Posts