1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Darksider
2,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
5,305 Posts
Hopefully that was just a typo, or... he plans on coming along with them and brings you a steak dinner to enjoy while he installs them.

·
Premium Member
5,359 Posts
He's got to be on crack!
You never know he may just be waiting for a handful of people that don't have a clue. No telling how many he has sold at that price. Some people buy stuff without doing any research. (Not Me tho). Use the ask the seller a question and the following: "WTF is that price all about"..LOL. Nah just ask him if he's stoned. No wait Does that screw come with a kiss? Sorry I didnt take my meds today my sense of humor is out of control;)

·
Joker pi$$in off the prof
196 Posts
Ummm toast your brakes are fine. If you can still see the grooves then the pad is ok. You got awhile before you need to spend $200 on pads.

Hell I'll come install pads on your bike and buy you a steak for $150.

·
WTF, Over!
8,353 Posts
Skip the steak. I'll bid a crab cake, and install the OEM pads for you, for $125!

·
The guitar, not the fish!
33,457 Posts

HONDA BRAKES VTX 1800 REAR BRAKE PADS

• [*]
    1 Set of Brand New High Quality brake pads
    [*]
    Enough to replace REAR calipers
    [*]
    These are Sintered metal brake pads. Sintered brakes last longer and handle the heat of heavy braking better.
  • Sintered metal brake pads are especially good for wet weather

Compatibility
  • 2002 - 2010 VTX 1800 (All Models)
Features[FONT=&#23435][/FONT]
  • Sintered Brakes Pads are for use in extreme riding conditions such as mud, race and farm use and they offer the longest lifetime, which made out from low melting point metals powder (copper and brass alloys) by pressing them at high temperatures.C
  • Semi Metallic Brake Pads are for leisure/sport use and provide the lowest heat generation, which made from a resin material with metal (copper, brass) chips inclusions.
If long life and all conditions are your main concern, Sintered pads are your best choice. They will last much longer than any semi-metallic or organic brake pad in all conditions on the market .

Mud, race, and farm use huh??...Don't know of too many VTX's being used as mud boggers or plowing the fields on a regular basis...:hmm2:

·
Darksider
2,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

HONDA BRAKES VTX 1800 REAR BRAKE PADS

• [*]
    1 Set of Brand New High Quality brake pads
    [*]
    Enough to replace REAR calipers
    [*]
    These are Sintered metal brake pads. Sintered brakes last longer and handle the heat of heavy braking better.
  • Sintered metal brake pads are especially good for wet weather

Compatibility
Features[FONT=&#23435][/FONT]
  • Sintered Brakes Pads are for use in extreme riding conditions such as mud, race and farm use and they offer the longest lifetime, which made out from low melting point metals powder (copper and brass alloys) by pressing them at high temperatures.C
  • Semi Metallic Brake Pads are for leisure/sport use and provide the lowest heat generation, which made from a resin material with metal (copper, brass) chips inclusions.
If long life and all conditions are your main concern, Sintered pads are your best choice. They will last much longer than any semi-metallic or organic brake pad in all conditions on the market .

Mud, race, and farm use huh??...Don't know of too many VTX's being used as mud boggers or plowing the fields on a regular basis...:hmm2:

Ask Falcon about mudding on a VTX. :coffee:

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Did have to do some mudden down in UT. comeing back for AZ. the North Rim and there was a mud slide that we had to go thru, heavey rains and it came down. I was first and I didnt think I was going to make it through it, I was draging floor board, both at the same time. :D
OEM worked just fine after that, we did have to car wash it.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Hey Guys just a side note... I've been using these guys for OEM honda stuff... After some research they had the best everyday prices. IMHO.

http://www.cheapcycleparts.com/makes/1-honda/years

Complete set for a 1300 for Under $70+ Shipping

Rear 1800 OEM set for $39.00?

Happy Sunday!

·
Registered
528 Posts
Compatibility
I want a 2010 VTX 1800.... maybe a Neo model.... :hmm2::hmm2::D

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
I emailed the seller and he said that these are the best safest brakes available. They also are the missing link to the sixth gear AND reverse.

Actually he said they are out of stock and this high price was to prevent someone from ordering them. He would reduce the price back down when they are in stock again.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts