Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for something to help me stretch out a little bit

I found some nice looking highway pegs for the 1800c but not my 1300c

if i have to go with highways bars i suppose i could live with them, but you like assistance to which ones are the "smallest" or stick out the least

edit: i found these but looking for other options as well
http://www.kuryakyn.com/index.cfm/go/Home.ProductDetail/catID/18/scID/53/IMID/937

·
Premium Member
5,305 Posts
I am looking for something to help me stretch out a little bit

I found some nice looking highway pegs for the 1800c but not my 1300c

if i have to go with highways bars i suppose i could live with them, but you like assistance to which ones are the "smallest" or stick out the least

edit: i found these but looking for other options as well
http://www.kuryakyn.com/index.cfm/go/Home.ProductDetail/catID/18/scID/53/IMID/937
I don't have these on mine, but I have seen them in person and they look and work great for comfort. The only down side I've ever heard is they flex a little bit. But even then if it bothered you there's a easy fix, you just need to put a rod between the two sides (in front of the radiator) to make them solid.

I've seen a thread on here somewhere that shows how they drilled a small hole on each side then put a threaded rod across to tie them together. Then to hide the threaded rod they put a piece of stainless tubing cut to size covering the rod in between the two sides and then chrome acorn nuts on each end to clamp it all tight.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was trying to avoid highways bars because i dont really like the looks, but if i do go with a set those seem to be the smallest ones so far

·
Registered
454 Posts
I also prefer not to mount highway bars on my bikes but I do want highway pegs. I have the Kurys on my 1300R like shown in your original post. I like them but they have limited adjustments. When I mounted highway pegs on my 1800T, I went with the Rivco mounts with the anti vibration highway pegs.

I like them better than the Kurys because of the almost limitless adjustment possibilities. The Rivco products also seem to be of higher quality. Just some ideas...hope this information helps.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I also prefer not to mount highway bars on my bikes but I do want highway pegs. I have the Kurys on my 1300R like shown in your original post. I like them but they have limited adjustments. When I mounted highway pegs on my 1800T, I went with the Rivco mounts with the anti vibration highway pegs.

I like them better than the Kurys because of the almost limitless adjustment possibilities. The Rivco products also seem to be of higher quality. Just some ideas...hope this information helps.
Got to agree with Tiger66 on the Rivco's They are what I use and I really like them. And they're American Made!

I had a set of the kury's on for almost an hour before I decided that they weren't worth the effort it took to order them. If you are at all an aggressive rider - like to lean - the kury's will drag, you wan't have that problem with the Rivco's.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts