Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:choppersmHas anyone had any problems. On my first set the top one leadked at the bend just before it went straight. Now the next set the bottom one is doing it. It would apear that the baffles where not put all the way in to create a seel but I cant move them becouse the screw holes are welded. Also love to just make one pair out of the two but someone at a shop dropped a wrench on one of them and dinged it up so now it is being warrantied. Help please. Is Hard Krome a good quality product. I would think they are not supposed to leak air on the blow back since one does and one doesnt and then dif set and it is switched. but can someone shed some light on this. I am now looking at changeing pipes all togother and looking at The juggs. Any way any help would be greatly apprieciated.

Oh also what is the best after market for performance not sound. VTX1300 R 2007

·
GreatLakesRoadRiders.org
1,410 Posts
I own a set of HK3s and I love them. I have had them for about a year with no problems yet (knock on wood), and have not heard of any issues (especially ones like this) with them. So they were bad from the start? Have you been working with the retailer/manufacturer to resolve the problem? Sounds like they may have had a bad batch of them if you've had more than one set with similar issues.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya I called the manufacture yesterday because the honda shop was working with thier distributors. I spoke with them and explained the issue and they are going to send two new baffles to the shop and we will see how that works. Since I had the oportunity I had them send the straight baffles so it is alittle louder but still has the push back for compression. We will see how this turns out. Ya I live in michigan and not to many days to be riding. Hope to get it back soon. Sir Spoon.
I will keep every one posted on the outcome.

·
AIRBORNE
5,567 Posts
I have the same pipes and for about 6 months love them, but I did take the baffles out about a month ago and installed vtx resonators/baffles. Deeper and louder!:patriot:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya this is what I am hopeing comes

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok so here is the situation. I called HK and they sent new baffles resonators at no charge but unfortunately the shop did not tell them that these pipes are res techs. So the baffles are to short. So I went down to honda and started playing with the baffles and got them to seal with min. blow back. I called HK again my self and they are now sending another set that fit the res. techs.

I am able to keep the resonators for the other pipes but now the question is I went down and bought pipe that will make up the space to fit the resonators for my pipes any one have any oppinions on if this is a good idea or not. Bono do you remember if the resonators you put in wher different size diamiter the part number is 45-8840R and my pipes are 47-2080. My thought is that if I continue the pipe out to the resonators that the sound would be deeper and louder but what about performance.

So as they sit now with the new restecks on I am running really rich. I leaned it out at the shop and test drove it and had alot of power in all gears more than ever but starting from the dead stop it will drop bottom and then sluggish to go then gets going. So lack of time I richened it back out so I could ride this past weekend. I am going to take it back in and have them do a complete tune up and give them info found on the scar method. Hope to have something working well soon since I have had a sluggish bike since 2007 august when I baught it new.

Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks, Sir Spoon

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok so here is the update. Finally H and K backed up their pipes and sent out new pipes they came in and worked great. Then Honda shop rejeted the carb again because the first guy did it wrong (no longer there). So I picked it up the last day before snow hit in november. I rode it hope in the rain so I couldnt break it loose but it seems like the power is there. So this thread is closed. I cant wait to let it loose when it gets warm out on some dry pavement. I will post my next mission on another thread but want to buypass the rev controler. Later thanks for the help. Sir Spoon

·
GreatLakesRoadRiders.org
1,410 Posts
Awesome! Glad to hear it!!

·
AIRBORNE
5,567 Posts
Ok so here is the situation. I called HK and they sent new baffles resonators at no charge but unfortunately the shop did not tell them that these pipes are res techs. So the baffles are to short. So I went down to honda and started playing with the baffles and got them to seal with min. blow back. I called HK again my self and they are now sending another set that fit the res. techs.

I am able to keep the resonators for the other pipes but now the question is I went down and bought pipe that will make up the space to fit the resonators for my pipes any one have any oppinions on if this is a good idea or not. Bono do you remember if the resonators you put in wher different size diamiter the part number is 45-8840R and my pipes are 47-2080. My thought is that if I continue the pipe out to the resonators that the sound would be deeper and louder but what about performance.

So as they sit now with the new restecks on I am running really rich. I leaned it out at the shop and test drove it and had alot of power in all gears more than ever but starting from the dead stop it will drop bottom and then sluggish to go then gets going. So lack of time I richened it back out so I could ride this past weekend. I am going to take it back in and have them do a complete tune up and give them info found on the scar method. Hope to have something working well soon since I have had a sluggish bike since 2007 august when I baught it new.

Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks, Sir Spoon
Sorry I don't remember the size! I have had good luck with them! Yes I do get some blowbye from under the pipes. The resonators are not as tight as the stock baffles!:cheers:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks guys. Apprieciate all the sentaments. Ya the woman wants them around. LOL.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts