Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone compared the HK 3" Big Straights to the Road Burner 3" Drag Pro's??? the RB's are a few inches shorter and about 200 bucks cheaper...those are the only differences i see! anyone know how much the sound differs between the two? im torn between the two of them, need some good advice, been debating with myself for days!!!
:banghead:

·
The guitar, not the fish!
33,457 Posts
Do some research on DG HK/Roadburner (made by the same company DG).....They havbe ALOT of quality issues, especially with the 3" pipes...Heat shields are welded on and crack/break off the pipes...I had a set of Big 3"s that had a crack develop in the upper heat shield that was almost 1-1/2" long when I gave the pipes away....Saw a set of Big 3's last weekend that had a crack starting in the lower heat shield...Also DG customer service is completely non-existant...So if you have a problem with the pipes, don't expect them to help whatsoever...

·
Premium Member
27,731 Posts
Bill's right on the 3" pipes, I have had the 2 1/2" and currently the Double Eagles with no troubles from either. They've gone out of business so it's buyer beware on the warrany issue.

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
Lot of people have had complaints about HK products for both quality and customer service. Chrome started peeling of my tips so I removed them...didn't bother calling after reading all of the failed call attempts from other members. I've got the K2's and they have developed a crack in the heat shield for no apparent reason as well.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I had big straits on mine for 3 years. No problems at all. I loved the look and sound. Only reason I got rid of them is I put on a fairing and couldn't hear the radio goin down the road unless I had it cranked up real loud.

·
PURE ROCK FURY
281 Posts
I had a set of 3 inch given to me just put em on and they have a 2inch crack in the heat shield....but they still sound great and you cant see it unless you are under the pipes.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the input, even with the quality issues for 350 bucks for the road burners i'll take my chances, price is too good to pass up! thanks for the heads up though, if they crack atleast everyone can say i told you so!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts