Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
team VTX cafe physician
14,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the HK Sideburner new years ago and ran it for two years on my 1300 R. It was too loud for me, so I removed it and it remains in my garage. I will not ship it, but if you live close enough, you can pick it up. I live in NE Ohio. Asking $150.

·
Bug Catcher
152 Posts
I bought the HK Sideburner new years ago and ran it for two years on my 1300 R. It was too loud for me, so I removed it and it remains in my garage. I will not ship it, but if you live close enough, you can pick it up. I live in NE Ohio. Asking $150.
Will it fit a 1300C ?

·
Fastest Red Club Member
2007 VTX 1300R, Indianapolis
8,011 Posts
Part numbers are not the same for R and C models but the bike frame is the same.

Most likely the difference is the mounting bracket to frame. Call hard krome to confirm...

·
Fastest Red Club Member
2007 VTX 1300R, Indianapolis
8,011 Posts
Thanks, Indy.....my guess was that it would.
That was my thought was well. Look at the bikes shown on the website they look identical to me.
Only difference I can see is maybe the R has a different bracket that causes rear to sit higher versus bottom of frame but that could just be camera angle.

Best for the interested party to just call the manufacturer and ask.

44-2470-vtx1300c_960px.jpg

44-2459-vtx1300rs_960px.jpg

·
Registered
641 Posts
Hey Doc . I am interested in this , let me do some research just to make sure, it will work on my C model. I can definitely come and pick up, just down in Cambridge.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey Doc . I am interested in this , let me do some research just to make sure, it will work on my C model. I can definitely come and pick up, just down in Cambridge.

bought one for my C and in the middle of putting one on. these pipes have one of a kind sound, you'll be happy.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Buddy has them on a R model, so I know how they sound. They have a deeper sound , really like it.

·
Registered
641 Posts
bought one for my C and in the middle of putting one on. these pipes have one of a kind sound, you'll be happy.
Let me know what you had to do to get them to work. If they were for a R and your putting on C.

·
Registered
17,418 Posts
Let me know what you had to do to get them to work. If they were for a R and your putting on C.

Smitty, I'm sending a 'PM'

·
Registered
7 Posts

I haven't got mine on yet. I had cobras on using a S or R bracket, it's long about two feet and was bolted where the 18455MEM760 bracket goes. My HKSB's need this BRACKET. Can't find a used one. I was told by a rep that the only diff was the brackets. Mine is for a C model that they took out of a S model box and made the brackets for a C.

·
Registered
641 Posts
I decided to pass on the side burners. I already have cobra slip-ons ,they sound pretty good. Thought I would spend the money on something else. I'm sure it wouldn't have been much trouble fabricating a different bracket.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts