Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to remove the "HONDA" emblem/sticker that's on the tank panel/lower portion of the speedometer cluster? It's the emblem/sticker that is less than an inch tall and inch wide. Does anyone know of a good method I can use to remove this? It looks like a gel sticker but I don't want to try to pop it off if someone has learned the hard way that it can come off easier.

Thanks to all that reply to this!

Doc

·
Banned
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Another quick question

Does anyone know of a custom/after market speedometer that can used on a VTX? In other words, removal of the stock chrome piece the tank for a custom or different piece?

Thanks,
Doc

·
Dragon Slayer
8,515 Posts
Check thread titled: clocks4bikes maybe. Another alternative is to get on the waiting list for the coyote gas cap hinge.

·
No Reason To Be Serious
16,394 Posts
Does anyone know how to remove the "HONDA" emblem/sticker that's on the tank panel/lower portion of the speedometer cluster? It's the emblem/sticker that is less than an inch tall and inch wide. Does anyone know of a good method I can use to remove this? It looks like a gel sticker but I don't want to try to pop it off if someone has learned the hard way that it can come off easier.

Thanks to all that reply to this!

Doc
jprice

I was thinking the same thing. My plan was to get a thin piece of black onyx cut square to fit this and then super glue it over top of the square emblem.

My wife was going to go a jeweler a few weeks ago, and asked if I needed anything. I said "yes, as a matter of fact could you find out how much it would cost to get a piece of..." She looked at me like I was crazy, and said "you want to get a gemstone for your bike... Yeah right..." and she headed out the door. I don't think she asked as she didn't mention it again, and neither did I... :nope:

But despite this small set back, I am still considering it...

Spoiler

·
Dragon Slayer
8,515 Posts
Spoiler, that is truely an original idea, if you go with it, post some pics, might catch on as a popular mod, you never know. As a matter of fact, it wouldn't necessarily have to be a piece of gemstone, anything flat on bottom to cover the area would be sufficient. I've had my eye on a couple of pins that would probably fit the spot, just never bought em because I don't wear pins, but this might be something to think about.

·
shock factor unrated
12,435 Posts
Spoiler, that is truely an original idea, if you go with it, post some pics, might catch on as a popular mod, you never know. As a matter of fact, it wouldn't necessarily have to be a piece of gemstone, anything flat on bottom to cover the area would be sufficient. I've had my eye on a couple of pins that would probably fit the spot, just never bought em because I don't wear pins, but this might be something to think about.
one of those flat american flag pins would be cool in the place of it. then, no one could question your patriotism.....:cheers:

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
I didn't have to remove mine.

I did the same thing to cover mine, but got the one without the X. They should have made something like that stock.
I can't find it now, but one guy put a rubber button in there with garage door opener electronics under it. That was pretty ingenious.
P
P

·
Registered
47 Posts
I removed mine with an exacto knife and some WD40. After I worked it off and cleaned it up, I put a Maltese Cross sticker over the square. Went with my bike theme...:choppersm

·
Banned
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
PME 5280,

Where did you get that for your tank? Did you have to replace the gas cover cap as well?

I appreciate all of the ideas, for now I am going to try to remove it and get it polished out to find something for that spot.

Doc

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
You can get them from Directlineparts.com
They have them with the X (coyote hinge) or without.
It uses the existing gas cap and is a great item. A little pricey at around $175, but good quality and easy installation.
Paul

·
Registered
1,123 Posts

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
1 - 20 of 26 Posts