Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Hi, I just completed work on a custom fender for my 1300 C and now that it's time for paint , I cannot find anyone here in town to match the R 274 colour.
I found the Colour Rite site on the Net, but have read both good and bad reviews of there colour matching. Anyone know of a good place where I could order the paint from ?
Thanks for any help...:hmm2:

·
Erect Member
11,583 Posts
i have used it before with no problems and great results. if thats the original color and youre trying to match it...without testing and matching a sample, the color rite would probably be your best bet. good luck and hopefully you get it matched close enough. just make sure to get the right base coat too or you wont get the same final color it has from the factory.

·
Registered
683 Posts
i use color rite paints when i cant get the color matched at my local PPG paint store. never had a problem, always matches pretty darn good. just be careful shootin your color, the base is a silver flake, no problems there but when you get to the color its a candy so go iin even layers, first layer's gonna look kinda pink on ya, dont panic. let it flah and do a second coat then match it to a side cover. depending on your stroke and speed it should only take 2 passes.....the more candy coats ya use the darker the red will be and it gets darker quick.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts