Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to hear some of y'alls opinions on the new Honda Rebel 1100!

I personally am excited to see a more powerful engine be put into a way more accessible bike. Size and Weight wise I mean. I know that riding that bike will be a very sterile and Honda-esq situation. But I personally think this decision from Honda was a direct attack at the Harley Sportster line. Also, I love that the engines is straight out of the Africa twin, I think thats pretty damn cool!

What are your thoughts?

·
Registered
50 Posts
I am excited to lay hands on the Rebel 1100, just to see what it’s all about. It’ll have plenty of power in a light frame, just as you said it being a competitor to the sportster. I’ll have to see for myself on all the electronics they stuffed into the new Rebel, I don’t know if I’ll be a fan or not, time will only tell. Nothing will ever replace my X, but I sure don’t mind having options when riding. My wife would probably have a few choice words on having two bikes though...

2003 VTX1800C w/ R fenders
Kury Hypercharger, Power Commander, V&H Big Shots, Kury Swingwing pegs, Custom Dynamics LED turn signals, Viking saddle bags and quick disconnects

·
Super Moderator
10,469 Posts
I think that a Rebel 1100 has its place. However, that place is not my garage :)

Reactions: Corey Mathery

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am excited to lay hands on the Rebel 1100, just to see what it’s all about. It’ll have plenty of power in a light frame, just as you said it being a competitor to the sportster. I’ll have to see for myself on all the electronics they stuffed into the new Rebel, I don’t know if I’ll be a fan or not, time will only tell. Nothing will ever replace my X, but I sure don’t mind having options when riding. My wife would probably have a few choice words on having two bikes though...

Kury Hypercharger, Power Commander, V&H Big Shots, Kury Swingwing pegs, Custom Dynamics LED turn signals, Viking saddle bags and quick disconnects
Well, if you decided to give it a try, just hide it on the other side of your 1800, she'll never know... haha!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Well, if you decided to give it a try, just hide it on the other side of your 1800, she'll never know... haha!
Very true! Apparently it has something to do with “having a child in June” and “spending money on ‘more important’ things” lmao

·
FREEBIRD
7,843 Posts
Very true! Apparently it has something to do with “having a child in June” and “spending money on ‘more important’ things” lmao

How can you put a price on that child being raised by a cool Dad?
(Trust me. Been there, done that.)😉

·
Registered
50 Posts
How can you put a price on that child being raised by a cool Dad?
(Trust me. Been there, done that.)
I’ll give you her number if you want to try and convince her

·
FREEBIRD
7,843 Posts
Haha. "It is easier to ask for forgiveness than it is to ask for permission." - author unknown(may he rest in peace)😆

·
Fastest Red Club Member
2007 VTX 1300R, Indianapolis
7,767 Posts
Not a fan of the look but it will probably sell. I'm not in the market though and if I was I might be more interested.
Anything to get Honda away from the fugly VT line they created to replace the VTX is a good thing.

·
Registered
10 Posts
One element I believe Honda is going for here is not the Older riders of the VTX or Gold Wing, but rather the younger riders who have no intentions of crossing states or the Country on their motorcycle.
With Honda, stepping down from the Gold Wing you have a wide range of 750's and below. This Rebel 1100 could be an attempt to fill in a gap and appeal to those riders who want more than a 750, but not a Gold Wing. And like most kids today, they loaded this bike up with enough electronic toys to garner their interest in this bike.

I'm not talking-down to our younger riders, on the contrariety, it's just a difference in taste, technology, and purpose or use. I happen to like this Rebel 1100, Is it my idea of "the perfect cruiser"...no. However, I think it would be a real blast to run around town and the local parks on one. I just don't think that at 10 grand (plus any additional toys you might want to slap on it), I would buy one, but than again, that's just me.

I hope Honda has created a winner here, I guess we will see.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
One element I believe Honda is going for here is not the Older riders of the VTX or Gold Wing, but rather the younger riders who have no intentions of crossing states or the Country on their motorcycle.
With Honda, stepping down from the Gold Wing you have a wide range of 750's and below. This Rebel 1100 could be an attempt to fill in a gap and appeal to those riders who want more than a 750, but not a Gold Wing. And like most kids today, they loaded this bike up with enough electronic toys to garner their interest in this bike.

I'm not talking-down to our younger riders, on the contrariety, it's just a difference in taste, technology, and purpose or use. I happen to like this Rebel 1100, Is it my idea of "the perfect cruiser"...no. However, I think it would be a real blast to run around town and the local parks on one. I just don't think that at 10 grand (plus any additional toys you might want to slap on it), I would buy one, but than again, that's just me.

I hope Honda has created a winner here, I guess we will see.
The more people in the saddle, the better! Hopefully this will also inspire newer riders to crave after something other than the grand and mighty Harley. Granted, that is already the case most of the time anyways lol

·
Registered
18 Posts
I can't stand the looks of any Rebel. My wife likes it though at least in pictures. She needs a bike this year but has her mind set on something with the word "Indian" in it. I think it'll sell to the young'ens who are graduating up from there Grom or whatever for longer rides outside of the city but don't want to be seen as a mainstream v-twin rider.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I can't stand the looks of any Rebel. My wife likes it though at least in pictures. She needs a bike this year but has her mind set on something with the word "Indian" in it. I think it'll sell to the young'ens who are graduating up from there Grom or whatever for longer rides outside of the city but don't want to be seen as a mainstream v-twin rider.
I understand, they definitely are not for everyone!

But Polaris definitely has a good product, so if you do go that route, I am sure your wife will be very happy.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have driven Honda Rebel 500 but I personally don't like it.
I love my VTX and so far there is nothing in comparison to it.
My VTX is a champ, and I love it! I definitely want to try some other cruisers, just to get a feel of how they are. Suzuki is one, and I wouldn't mind riding a Harley, granted, I probably won't ever own one lol.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts