Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone else see these VT1300 concept bikes at the Long Beach IMS show?

I'm looking for more pictures but cant find any on the net? There where 2 more bikes all VT1300

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
From what I know its a Stateline based custom. I wish I had better pics of the thing. The other 2 where cool but not my style

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Had a stereo/GPS in it that was insane. The poster behind it said something like 500watts and a 10" subwoofer. It also said this is was completely stock frame? Could this even be true?

·
Dragon Slayer
8,515 Posts
That's definitely the stock frame for the VT line, I think Honda would've had a heck of a run with a cruiser/bagger design like that. When I saw that tail end, I also thought, Victory.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
that is an amazing looking scoot. i would buy one!

·
Equito Passim
9,148 Posts
that is an amazing looking scoot. i would buy one!
Cant say I'd buy one right off the bat, not knowing how much they are. I think that would be a great bike at $12-$14k.. Anything over $14k I would hesitate.

But it is nice to see that, at least, they're thinking about the Fairing/Hardbags/Cruiser side of things.

-Gonz

·
Registered
75 Posts
I'd gladly take it off of Honda's hands - great lines!

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
Would love to go that route. As stated, the rear looks like a Victory but I like the looks of them as well.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
That design is so advanced looking, i'm thinking it belongs to Batman! However, as i said before, if it performed like a Honda, i'd probably buy one. and why not?:D

·
Pie liker/Snow Hater
9,911 Posts
I'd like to see it out of the cage and with some paint on it.
I'd like to see it out of the cage...and in my garage!!! :icon_drib

:icon_mrha

I don't normally care for the satin black, or the fairing/bagger look, but that is quite appealing to me. I think I need one. :)

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
It is what it is!!!!

Facts are facts,,,

Want a V-Twin with hard bags and a shield???

Just about any major MFG can set ya up with one right off the showroom floor,,,

Except Honda.

Evidently, such a bike like that is still considered CONCEPT in Japan,,,, (WTF!!??!!??)

Honda's been too busy with it'd automatic transmissions and sub 150 cc scooters to worry about things like that!,,,,

IMHO, Honda does NOT have a CLUE regarding which direction to take with their 'big' (???) V-twins.

Let's look at history,,, The chopper fad is well on it's way out, and we were blessed with the Fury,,, :confused:

Oh, almost forgot, what about one of the last Honda "Concept's" we saw, the EVO 6??? :confused:

Who's gonna drop their X for THAT?

Is ANYBODY at HONDA in touch with the American V-Twin Cruiser market???

I just don't see it,,,,

Same way with their cars,,, Wifes had many Honda's most of her life and we looked at a 2011 Accord to replace her 02 Accord. Even today, the styling is 'rather bland', and the 'optional' V-6 version sucks wind when it comes to performance. :spank:

Honda, it's wake up time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banghead:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts