Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I'm new to the Honda game. I am looking at buying a 2003 honda vtx 1300. The bike has 35,000 miles on it. Owner said he has gone through the whole bike changing fluids and brakes ect. How many miles are these bikes good for? I dont want to buy something whew I put 5,000 miles on it and have something catastrophic go wrong. Any guidance on what a good price for a bike like this would be? Also how reliable is a honda vtx 1300 with that many miles?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow that's a slick looking bike! Great to hear they are reliable! What kind of batwing do you have on it?

·
team VTX cafe physician
14,385 Posts
Wow that's a slick looking bike! Great to hear they are reliable! What kind of batwing do you have on it?
thanks. That's a Reckless fairing. I bought the whole package from them......paint, radio and speakers. Sounds like surround sound with the 9 inch speakers. Really enhances the ride!

·
There Can Only Be One
2,641 Posts
As long as it's been well-maintained, she's got plenty of life left. The only possible issue with the '03 model is the external fuel pump that's been known to cause problems when they're going bad. Some replace the pump when it goes out, while others remove it completely and convert to gravity-feed, like the '04-'09 years had. There are documented VTXs with close to and over 200K miles...I'm still chasing after them...slowly.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts