Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

Quick question:
Is the Hondaline lightbar (came on bike) supposed to be grounded to the (chrome) bracket/mount for the headlight bucket? You know, the piece that connects the bucket to the lower tree.
Last resort, does anyone know where I can get install directions for the lightbar?

Thanks for any assistance.

·
The guitar, not the fish!
33,457 Posts
Hey All,

Quick question:
Is the Hondaline lightbar (came on bike) supposed to be grounded to the (chrome) bracket/mount for the headlight bucket? You know, the piece that connects the bucket to the lower tree.
Last resort, does anyone know where I can get install directions for the lightbar?

Thanks for any assistance.
I've got directions here...Might be in the computer already..If not, I'll scan them in for 'ya....Let me go looking around a bit....

If I remember right, the ground wires bolt to the headlight mounting bracket...One on each side I think....

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Bass, I'd appreciate it. Been having issues when those lights are on. Finally got around to the ground fixes, now I'm just looking for anything else that might have remotely played a part. Again thanks.

·
33,457 Posts
I have the turn signal part of them already in here, but not the rest...I gotta go out to the garage and find them out there...What all do you need???...

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No, that's ok Bass. I appreciate the effort. Haven't figured out how to blow up the diagram enough to make use of it, but if you're sure the ground is to the bracket I should be good to go. Every other wire for the lightbar harness (I believe) is properly connected. Not too many options in there.
Good looking out, brother. :cheers:

LOL. Just got the modified post. Excellent! Just what I needed. Thanks again.

·
33,457 Posts
No, that's ok Bass. I appreciate the effort. Haven't figured out how to blow up the diagram enough to make use of it, but if you're sure the ground is to the bracket I should be good to go. Every other wire for the lightbar harness (I believe) is properly connected. Not too many options in there.
Good looking out, brother. :cheers:
Look again....It's bigger now!!!....:D

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
The green wire from each side goes to the headlight mounting bolts. They are 10mm. Holds the bucket to the triple tree.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Help a newb.

Okay, you have both stated that there are two ground wires that should run to the mounting bracket (one on each side). The diagram that Bass provided shows a ground on the left side and has a note directing to repeat on right. So everyone is in agreement... except my bike. Here's what's got my head spinning so far (granted it doesn't take much, so be easy :)).
1- I've only found one ground terminal coming from the harness in the bucket. That's the one that I initially questioned in the OP.
2- Bass's diagram only shows one ground terminal coming from the lighbar harness. Why does it say repeat ground on right?
3- Honda site shows this as the lightbar for the 1800:
http://www.sporthonda.net/eshopprod_cat_5082-10766-24604_product_636922.Chrome_Light_Bar.htm
And this for the 1300:
Note the difference (additional tube on 1800). Don't know if there was a wiring difference as well.:hmm2:
Of course my 18 came with the one that looks like the 13 representation. Nooo cluuue, if that would make a difference, just trying to put everything out there.

Okay, just noticed that the one ground terminal I see has two wires attached to the ring. Looks stock. Do the grounds that you have look like that, or is there only one wire to the ring?

Thanks guys.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts