Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now I need help deciding which lightbar! First off, does anyone know if the 1300c is "prewired" for the honda lightbar like the other 1300 models? Number two, does anyone have the rivco lightbar? Does the rivco fit well with the c or do they stck out a little too far in anyones opinion? Thanks for input

·
A Texan
4,365 Posts
VTX13006 Classic Light Bar with Lights for VTX1800/1300

BE SAFE! BE SEEN! Give your VTX a classic look as well as greatly improving night vision and visibility. Compatible with all windshields, all wires are enclosed in the light bar and are spaced 22” center-to-center. Includes 35 watt, 4.5” driving lights, switch and plug and play wiring. Fits all VTX 1300 & 1800 Models.

From the pic above the lightbar will not be too far forward.

Can't beat Rivco Quality (have 3 or 4 Rivco products). Have a Hondaline on the 1800 and it has been great. Will be a winner either way IMHO ...

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Anyone know about the wiring? Anyone wire either of these two themselves? Gotta be someone out there... thanks for the input on the looks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Honda Lightbar Relay

2003 VTX 1800 R with a Honda light bar I installed five years ago. No problems. Failed Virginia annual inspection "No Headlight" high beam or low beam with spotlights on or off.

Halogen headlight works, high and low beam.
Both spotlights work, turn on and off with AUX switch.
Unplugged and re-plugged all connections in headlamp bucket, including relay.
All fuses in tact, both sides of battery, including additional fuse attached to light bar harness relay.
Waited 5-7 minutes.
With ignition key in ON position, not started or running, spotlights burn. Low beam burns. High beam burns, spotlights extinguished, as designed by Honda.
Can hear relay opening and closing with distinctive click, while turning spotlights on and off, or from high beam to low beam with spotlights on.
With spotlights on and low beam burning, headlight extinguishes when starting the engine.

Attempted the same procedure ensuring the spotlights were off at engine start, same result.
Did this three times, same results.
I think the relay is faulty, since I could find no faults in any fuses, wiring or connections. Light bar has functioned flawlessly since installation.

Attempted to located a replacement Omron G8MS-H34 12V 10A NC relay and bought a used one on eBay. Have not received it yet.

1. Does anyone have any other suggestions to troubleshoot or diagnosis the fault?
2. Does anyone know of a source for the OEM relay? Does not appear that Omron makes this model any longer?
3. Does anyone have suggestion on a replacement harness?
4. Does anyone have the original installation instructions for the Honda lightbar for a VTX 1800R?

Thanks!

Tom

1 - 4 of 4 Posts