Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
There is nothing under the left side crankcase cover other than the flywheel and a few starter gears. Nothing to get hot. Now the right side is a different story.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank's for the reply,
I have had the bike about 5 month's only had 5,700 miles one owner It now has 8,090 miles has original tires and is stock except mustang seat.

·
Registered
4,323 Posts
Does he ride one of those FAST Blue bikes by chance? :coffee:
In reply to the subject referred to above....it is possible that a fast blue bike might be involved..but more likely, it is someone with a slooooww black bike....thus the need for no shoes...:D:bleh::stirpot:

·
The Wanderer
6,665 Posts
In reply to the subject referred to above....it is possible that a fast blue bike might be involved..but more likely, it is someone with a slooooww black bike....thus the need for no shoes...:D:bleh::stirpot:
I don't think that my original post had the word fast in it............

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
Welcome the the cafe. No help from me, but I'm sure if you hang around long enough someone will be able to help you.

·
Registered
4,323 Posts
I don't think that my original post had the word fast in it............
Busted...:spank:...just trying to stall until he showed up....my bad...;)

·
Registered
4,892 Posts

I have no idea what your problem may be. Mine barely gets hot to the touch after riding. Could be a coolant issue as mentioned above. Is it low? Is the fan coming on? Seen any leaks no matter how small or smell coolant when the engine is running? Have you checked your oil?
I know this isnt much help...just trying to get back on topic here.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
You might have to do some digging to figure out what is going on - I've never noticed a problem like that on mine, but then I've never really checked. Hmmm.

Welcome to the cafe!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have no idea what your problem may be. Mine barely gets hot to the touch after riding. Could be a coolant issue as mentioned above. Is it low? Is the fan coming on? Seen any leaks no matter how small or smell coolant when the engine is running? Have you checked your oil?
I know this isnt much help...just trying to get back on topic here.
Thank's,
New oil change,no leaks,full of coolant, fan? haven't heard it come on:patriot:

You might have to do some digging to figure out what is going on - I've never noticed a problem like that on mine, but then I've never really checked. Hmmm.

Welcome to the cafe!
Thank's,
Don't know how long this has been going on,The bike run's as good as ever.:patriot:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts