Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and gals, I'm in the Houston, TX area and wondering how many people here are from the Houston area or even the Katy area? Also, do you know of any good shops around the area that sell parts for the VTX. I have a hard time ordering things online without seeing them. Also, do you know of a place that sells the German style helmets?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hey JC, I'm just down the road a bit in Galveston County. Not sure of any good shops your direction. Personally I would avoid any of the Mancuso Stealerships, I've had nothing but piss poor customer service any time I've dealt with them, from being ignored at the parts counter to completely false info in their listings. Iron Mike way down here in Bacliff is a stand-up guy, but doesn't keep a lot of parts in stock. He matches internet prices on a lot of things.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you sir. I also was not very happy with Mancuso. It's tough to find shops with parts in stock.

On a seperate note, we were talking about taking a ride down to Galveston this weekend, taking the back roads.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
268 Posts
Close by to you in Sugar Land! It seems that Katy and Sugar Land are right next door to each other now-a-days. Pretty much by everything on-line.
Greg

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Close by to you in Sugar Land! It seems that Katy and Sugar Land are right next door to each other now-a-days. Pretty much by everything on-line.
Greg
That's funny. We were just saying that the other day. It used to seem like it was far away, now they practically touch each other. In fact, I ride to Sugar Land several times a week to eat and my girlfriend works there so I'll ride to meet her for lunch all the time.

·
Registered
268 Posts
JC there is a CMA ( Cristian Motorcyclists Association) group out of Katy and Sugar Land meeting and riding near you and my church, The Bridge Fellowship has a biker group, the Fellowship Riders that meet though not many join us at a time. Join us sometime. You can find out about us at http://www.thebridgefellowship.com/ and http://www.cmausa.org/ and you can always contact me at 832-661-6742. Look forward to hearing from you.
Greg Franks
[email protected]

·
Registered
1 Posts
Jchammer123, you might want to give the guys at Wild West Honda in Katy a shot for parts. I've always had good experiences there.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I'm in Spring as well.

While it may not be very close to you, I've had good experiences with the folks at Bob Lunsford Honda on 45N.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Howdy! I also have great customer service experience and part selection for most bolton parts with Bob Lunsford Honda. Good helmet selection and customer service at cycle gear shops around Houston.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Jchammer123, you might want to give the guys at Wild West Honda in Katy a shot for parts. I've always had good experiences there.
Wild west is where I go now. In fact that's where I just bought my vtx.

·
Registered
5 Posts
JC I have not gotten a reply yet. I have traveled down to Galveston, Lake Jackson, up to Dayton, Atascocita area and of course to Kemah. I usually go to San Antonio. I have a Voyager Trike kit on mine so the wife can ride.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts