Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2009 VTX1300R, 03 1800R
91 Posts
Amazon trash won't help you. If it were mine id take it apart and put it together again. That usually fixes things or at least helps me gain further insight into the problem.

The question is, why is it falling apart? All you/we know is that it's falling apart.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Amazon trash won't help you. If it were mine id take it apart and put it together again. That usually fixes things or at least helps me gain further insight into the problem.

The question is, why is it falling apart? All you/we know is that it's falling apart.
The previous owner didn't know what they were doing and took them both apart to change the bulb like a dumbass. Why? Not sure they worked fine. We have tried to disassemble and reassemble them but for some reason they just won't stay back together. We think the right side one is mostly there but it slowly comes back apart over a few days.

· Registered
2009 VTX1300R, 03 1800R
91 Posts
Well the turn signal bases from Honda are $56 each. 33602-MEA-A01 is one of the part numbers for an 03. According to partzilla it's supposed to be a one piece assembly. Maybe part of the rubber boot is worn out from time/the stress of getting it apart.

Cyanoacrylate is good at sticking rubber to plastic. So if you grab a super glue that uses that adhesive and you clean everything up with some mineral spirits or acetone or whatever appropriate solvent you have around you could super glue it together.

· Registered
137 Posts
Have you tried tightening the bolt (16)? is it stripped? If so, might try helicoil. Not sure what it screws into (type of metal) but possibly drill and tap for a larger diameter. There are also metal inserts for stripped out metal. Definitely Loctite (threadlocker) if not stripped.

White Font Red Rectangle Circle

· Registered
2009 VTX1300R, 03 1800R
91 Posts
Have you tried tightening the bolt (16)? is it stripped? If so, might try helicoil. Not sure what it screws into (type of metal) but possibly drill and tap for a larger diameter. There are also metal inserts for stripped out metal. Definitely Loctite (threadlocker) if not stripped.

View attachment 245188
Looks like the rubber is hanging on just fine, the rubber is what appears to be what is screwed into. Looks like the rubber plugs into the plastic a different way

1 - 7 of 7 Posts