Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My stock 1800 with a power commander 3 . I ran in in interstate at 4 am and layed down on the tank , put my feet on back pegs and let it rip. Most of you Probaly don’t know that the 1800 doesn’t have a limit in the 5 th gear . The reason I layed down was because at high speeds the wind will blow u off the bike. !!!! Plz don’t not raise up from that position until your back down to 70 mph. Also feet in back pegs ? Because wind will rip them off front ones. Lol. Ok without further ado. I can attest and swear to GOD I buried the Speedo at 150 and sent the needle one inch past the 150 mark . Who knows actually how fast that really was but we know for sure 150. In measuring how the speedo increments tighten I would guess I was arround 180. If any of you decide to try this plz be careful and remember at that speed if you come up on someone running 80 in front of you it will seem like their sitting still. It is very dangerous and I don’t recommend this to anyone. At one point on one of my test runs I had to evade a car in such an instance and had to veir into emergency lane . If anyone questions my truth I can purchase a cam and mount it to the bike pointed directly at the Speedo . Hit me up if anyone has questions. For u date devils u can remove the rev limiter for all gears. I have not because I now have the engine bored and blueprinted with wet spray nitrous . Have a blessed day all.

·
Super Moderator
11,360 Posts
Please tell us how to remove the rev limiter. Thanks.

·
Registered
17,587 Posts
My stock 1800 with a power commander 3 . I ran in in interstate at 4 am and layed down on the tank , put my feet on back pegs and let it rip. Most of you Probaly don’t know that the 1800 doesn’t have a limit in the 5 th gear . The reason I layed down was because at high speeds the wind will blow u off the bike. !!!! Plz don’t not raise up from that position until your back down to 70 mph. Also feet in back pegs ? Because wind will rip them off front ones. Lol. Ok without further ado. I can attest and swear to GOD I buried the Speedo at 150 and sent the needle one inch past the 150 mark . Who knows actually how fast that really was but we know for sure 150. In measuring how the speedo increments tighten I would guess I was arround 180. If any of you decide to try this plz be careful and remember at that speed if you come up on someone running 80 in front of you it will seem like their sitting still. It is very dangerous and I don’t recommend this to anyone. At one point on one of my test runs I had to evade a car in such an instance and had to veir into emergency lane . If anyone questions my truth I can purchase a cam and mount it to the bike pointed directly at the Speedo . Hit me up if anyone has questions. For u date devils u can remove the rev limiter for all gears. I have not because I now have the engine bored and blueprinted with wet spray nitrous . Have a blessed day all.
Dream on. I want some of what you're smokin'.

·
Registered
2 Posts
No PC but I have done 120 according to the speedo and 115 according to Google maps. I have a Michelin CrossClimate 2 205/65r16 on the back and will not be going back to a MC tire any time soon. Corrects a lot of the speedometer shift and makes for a better ride.

·
Registered
2001 vt1100 areo. Plus a 2012 xlc 1200
34 Posts
Try in in canada on the 401. Most people drive at 120 plus. All day long. Kph. I myself did over 200 kph on a 85 vt1100. Once. Lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts