Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

How much protection do you usually wear?

• I go Commando

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Whatever doesn't smell too funny in the dirty laundry pile

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • half-brain-bucket

Votes: 21 17.1%
  • 3/4 helmet

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • Full helmet

Votes: 6 4.9%
  • Helmet, Jacket, Gloves

Votes: 63 51.2%
  • Helmet, Jacket, Gloves, Pants, Condom

Votes: 18 14.6%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Realizing you may not dress one way or the other all the time, and that the poll can't catch all options, how do you _normally_ gear up?

·
Registered
7,114 Posts
Jeans, boots, T-shirt and maybe a 1/2 shell.

·
Re-member
1,078 Posts
AGGATT!:mosh:
I suppose that means something when a MD wears all the gear, all the time...:hmm2:

I always wear a jacket, gloves, full helmet. never shorts and a T-shirt.
Usually I wear a pair of riding pants over the jeans, and boots.

The elbow armor saved my bacon when I went down last fall, wish I had had my riding pants on, since my knee and hip would have been way better off...

·
Cafe Vendor
3,785 Posts
I voted 1/2 helmet, but I also always wear gloves. Only wear a jacket when going on long trips or if the weather is cool to cold. Also I never wear shorts, always long pants of some type.

·
team VTX cafe physician
14,396 Posts
I suppose that means something when a MD wears all the gear, all the time...:hmm2:

I always wear a jacket, gloves, full helmet. never shorts and a T-shirt.
Usually I wear a pair of riding pants over the jeans, and boots.

The elbow armor saved my bacon when I went down last fall, wish I had had my riding pants on, since my knee and hip would have been way better off...
yep! means I have seen enough that when I decided to ride, I promised myself I would wear all the gear.......and I do mean all the time!! even in the hottest of the hot!! better hot than not!!!:mosh:

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
all summer long it was a skid lid, shorts, sneakers and a t shirt. When it got cooler, i wore jeans, flannel shirt, sneakers, skid lid, and now i wear leather jacket, leather gloves, jeans, boots, and face shield on the skid lid...enough for me, i only been down once in fifty years and i didnt like it at all, not gonna go down again :D
Bry

·
Registered
71 Posts
I bet it does. When I wrecked I broke my foot through the Milwaukee Boots, took the leather laces out of the side of my vest, wore a skid mark into the helmet. And that gear is one hell of a lot tougher than my skin.
How is that C90 working for you -- by Dr Phil lol.:choppersm

·
.45 Goodness
3,078 Posts
Every ride is situational,
Sometimes ATGATT.

Sometimes not.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Always wear helmet and gloves. Most always wear Tourmaster jacket, even in summer. Jacket has rain and cold weather liner, take them out and all you have is kevlar mesh and armor. Wind blows right through and not too hot even here in southeast Texas, except stopped at a red light. Been down twice. First time was after hitting loose gravel in turn, going to fast, and second was when woman in gage turned left in front of me. Both times would have been ugly without the helmet on. Ugly enough already. I work in a refinery and we have to wear all the gear all the time. For me it just makes since to do same on bike. :mosh:

·
Registered
126 Posts
Depends on where I am going, what it's doing outside, what kind of mood I'm in, what kind of road I'm going to ride, how long I will be gone, etc....

Like Amos said, every ride is different, so my gear changes up. Probably 95% of the time I have a lid on though. Just the other stuff changes..

·
Equito Passim
9,148 Posts
All the time:
Full Helm (Modular)
Jeans
Boots

Most of the time:
Gloves.

Sometimes:
Mesh Jacket

Leather Jacket... When needed.