Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Title says it all. My engine sounds OK (sewing machine), but it seems like the pipes sound different (more metalic?). I've checked my pipes (bub's), and it seems like everything is tight, and there isn't any junk in the either of them.

I only rode about 500 miles last year after doing the valve job, so I'm concerned that something might have loosened up. Would rather be paranoid than engine shopping...

·
Registered
'06 VTX 1300 C and R
6,651 Posts
Ditto...If in doubt, re-do the job...I'd rather do it again and find them all in spec then say screw it and always have that doubt in my mind...
I'll double ditto down on this. No need to let it nag you -- go in and be sure.............tom

·
Fastest Red Club Member
2007 VTX 1300R, Indianapolis
7,682 Posts
What they said. :)

I just redid my valves this year for my own peace of mind.
One I did last year was off the rest perfect.
Sound was same before and after sound means nothing.

·
Banned
3,042 Posts
JD, saw on another thread that you were coming to TN on business. Nashville by chance? IF you are headed this way and can get your bike with you, i'd be happy to go through and check your valves for you. If they need adjusted i'll do it and if not then you'll have piece of mind. Just let me know, as long as the motor is cold I can do them on a 1300 in about two hours.

·
Fastest Red Club Member
2007 VTX 1300R, Indianapolis
7,682 Posts

·
team VTX cafe physician
14,420 Posts
bring the bike here...the mechanic at my stealer listened to my bike and only charged me $100....was the best $$ I ever spent...gave me big incentive to just do all the work myself!!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
JD, saw on another thread that you were coming to TN on business. Nashville by chance? IF you are headed this way and can get your bike with you, i'd be happy to go through and check your valves for you. If they need adjusted i'll do it and if not then you'll have piece of mind. Just let me know, as long as the motor is cold I can do them on a 1300 in about two hours.
I wish I could ride the bike. I would absolutely take you up on the offer. Landing in Nashville, but driving to Lexington from there.

·
Banned
3,042 Posts
Well crap, In that case i'd say go ahead and do what has been said for piece of mind if nothing else.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts