Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2003 Honda VTX 1800R.... Im here to learn more about my bike.. Currently completed my first 3500+ mile trip from Wichita KS- Norfolk VA-and back.. I also tackled the Dragons Tale on the way back. My bike is currently down for clutch issues and while trying to fix myself broke 2 posts on the Center Clutch( so waiting impatiently for parts to arrive by it seems SNAIL PACE). But have indeed be busy learning more about the bike, Still haven't figured out the air screw function.. I do believe mine isn't working or just not sure how it effects anything yet.

I have done most MODS I have seen online but working on Homemade risers and a welded Saddle Bag frame (i have 2 slanted 50cal Ammo Cans)

·
Registered
15,730 Posts
Welcome from central Pa. high atop the Alleghenies. Some things you will need to research, using the box in the upper right of the page, not the chat feature: Ground fix, FPR, starter contact cleaning.

·
Too short for my weight
5,316 Posts
Welcome from the mountains of western NC!!

·
Deplorable member
7,381 Posts
Welcome from somewhere west of Atlanta. 3 Honda bikes, 1 Honda Odyssey and 1 Honda generator....that counts, doesn't it?:shrug:

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
Welcome from Charlotte, NC. Stop breaking your bike. LOL

·
Registered
15,730 Posts
My pressure washer is Honda powered, and has 2 wheels.

·
Premium Member
10,046 Posts
Welcome from Tennessee and wishing you well! :patriot:

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Welcome from Pennsylvania! Just wondering what air screw you were referring to? You have an 1800 right?
Did you break the clutch spring retaining bolts? There are hardened bolt sets available. They are only required 9 ft. lbs. which isn't much.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
About this Discussion
17 Replies
15 Participants
FRNKCAT
Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum
VTX Cafe Forum is for owners of Honda VTX 1300 or VTX 1800. Join this community to discuss mods, specs, parts & more!
Full Forum Listing