Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to this site and a new owner to a relatively new (1100 miles) 2005 VTX 1300R. She's been in storage for years. The previous owner parked her after finding out he had cancer. I bought her on consignment at the local Honda dealer who went thru her and cleaned/serviced before delivery to me.

My bike has a windscreen (Dakota), foot boards, Sattelmen bags, and that's it. I am interested in performance upgrades that make sense, not just for looks. She is black, chrome, and she's a beaut!

I appreciate the info you guys/gals post here on this site. It is a big help for us 'tadpoles' who are trying to ramp up.

My bike seems to run pretty good, but after reading some of these posts I'm not sure that it could not be 'tuned' to run better. Any advice would be appreciated.

Everyone keep the rubber side down and fuel in your tank!:coffee:

·
No Reason To Be Serious
16,394 Posts
Welcome to The Cafe from sunny Shelby, NC (the Livermush Capital of the Free World)

-Ride Safe

Spoiler

:patriot:

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
Welcome aboard from SE Texas! :cheers:

·
Registered
912 Posts
Welcome from Sierra Vista,Arizona. Performance upgrades IMO,not enough bang for the $$$.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Welcome from Kentucky. "It is a big help for us 'tadpoles' who are trying to ramp up." You'll be a "frog" before you know it!

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Welcome to the CAFE from Louisiana. :cheers:

·
aka "Buddha Bill"
1,188 Posts
Howdy right back from Arkansas! Read the forum and you'll find out everything you could ever need to know about the X.

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
Welcome to the Cafe from Spring, TeXas. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
10,102 Posts
Welcome from Tennessee and wishing you a nice day. :patriot:
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Gerry, do you do any of that 'wild hog' hunting down there? I think they are called feral pigs. Or, is that just another name for Harleys? (smile.) Thanks for making a rider feel real welcome in your cafe.

Be a frog before you know it. Yeah, it sure beats being a hog, as in Harley! Thanks for the welcome. You all sure know how to help a rider take his dusty boots off a stay a while in the friendly cafe.

·
Registered
4,323 Posts
Welcome from Idaho...

·
2,807 Posts
hello from the showme state.

·
Reeling Jackwagon
2003 1300S
9,234 Posts
Welcome to the Cafe from North Idaho

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
here's a shout out from Calgary Alberta - may you ride with the wind at your back, the sun overhead and the road endlessly winding.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts