Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've recently added the Tsukayu 6x9 Batwing fairing on 1800R

Since then, I've noticed a sound... 'howling' noise is the best I can describe... some MIGHT call it a low whistle. It seems to be speed related and max's out at 30mph or so.

I'm wondering if this is some airflow related issue.

Any suggestions?

Doc
:patriot:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wish I could raise it... it's up as far as I can get it... I'll try some foam rubber or something like that and see if it helps... thanks!

·
Registered
894 Posts
I wish I could raise it... it's up as far as I can get it... I'll try some foam rubber or something like that and see if it helps... thanks!
The plates will also raise it.They are slotted. Have you loosened the plates and slid it up there as well?

·
Registered
663 Posts
I raised my headlight with a pair of 5/16" inner diameter stainless steel (I couldn't find chrome) spacers 1" long, and a pair of longer 8mm bolts and nuts from the hardware store.
Just put the spacers under the stock bracket, and on top of the lower triple clamp.
That put a stop to airflow between the fairing and the headlight, which was cold air when I installed it last fall. I never had noise, but used to have plenty of cold air coming through the gap. Cost about $5.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks... I've been out of town. Will try any of the above that is workable. I may just learn to like it if nothing works.

Doc

1 - 6 of 6 Posts