Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got some bigger pipes a while back (Hard Krome 3" Big Straights) and figured the next step is to get a hypercharger and rejet the carb ('06 VTX1300R). I just wanted to talk to some people and hear their thoughts about hyperchargers. My other question is, if I do get a hypercharger should I do the pair valve removal at the same time? Thanks in advance!
Sean

·
The guitar, not the fish!
33,457 Posts
Never had one, but I know from reading here that it's just an overpriced aircleaner setup...Looks cool but not as big a performance gain as Kury claims at all....Also the jet kit they supply with it is all wrong for our bikes...There's alot cheaper ways to get more performance out of your 1300...$280 for an aircleaner is friggin' nuts in my opinion...I've got about $100 in my modded stock setup that flows as much or more air than the Hyper, and I don't see them at every bike night/rally I go to...

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have the Pro Hypercharger on my 1300C and I like it. It looks nice, and it functions nice. What I don't like is it being in the way of my leg. It makes it somewhat uncomfortable sometimes. But hey, the bike looks sweet with it on, so I'll live with it. The jet kit that came with it worked great on my bike. I have 2.5" strait Hard Krome's. The pair valve mod was done at the same time while it was tore down. At idle, I have a nice "wallop" cam sound. Super fast accelleration and I can hear the thing sucking air. The filter in mine is a K&N-type of filter.

I would suggest sitting on a bike with a Hypercharger and seeing if it's too much in the way. It's high, yes, but some of these cone-looking air filter deals are 3x the price.

·
Currently in Chrome Rehab
3,526 Posts
I have a hyper and I dont find it getting in my way at all.
However, I wouldnt use the jet kit as Bassdude stated. Just do the scar mod.
I have hyper, Bubs and scar'd the carb and she runs like a bat outta hell.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts