Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We listed our house in the People's Republic of Kaliforniastan last week and we have some serious nibbles already. One couple looked at it yesterday and according to the agent, they fell in love with the place. http://www.starrealestate.com/Listings/164/S661828/CA/Huntington-Beach/18431-GASPE-Circle.aspx Hopefully, they will submit an offer after the parents (I guess they have the bucks) look the place over next weekend. I know it ain't over until we close escrow but we are excited.

Then, we are that much closer to moving to America. Once the deal is down, they have a 17-day period where they can back out. Once we pass that mark, it's off to the free state of Tennessee to buy a home. We hope to find something around Franklin or the Leaper's Fork area and hopefully have a bit of land to play on.

The best part will be riding the VTX on all of the beautiful country roads and exploring all of the surrounding states. We are so looking forward to that. We can't wait to leave Kaliforniastan, the crazy traffic, over population, high taxes, restrictive gun and hunting laws, 28 different foreign languages, liberal politics, gang graffiti, and the masses of people that are totally consumed with their "image".

Like the line in the Eagles song, "We are already gone.":choppersm

·
Premium Member
2007 VTX 1300C
1,150 Posts
Nice place. I'm sure the only thing you'll miss is the weather. I'll get out one day myself.

·
Regular Person
1,260 Posts
My Aunt lives in Franklin and LOVES it. We have visited several times and I already have some roads scouted out... beautiful country for sure.

Oh, and for the price you have on your beautiful home, you can buy that same house for about 1/2 price!

·
Registered
88 Posts
I love and hate Cali! I escaped from LA myself back in 1993. California is the best and worst of the USA. Polar extremes. You can always go back and visit. Congrats!

·
Registered
183 Posts
My father in law died over a year ago and his wife has thier place for sale in Franklin NC for sale. 2 acres, 10 miles from town, big 40/50 shop 170,000$ House is all raised panel, hardwood, tile.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
good luck with your house sale, Red. I know you must really be excited, and i would feel just as excited if i were able to sell my house and move to a more rural area. There are still places left in the country where people are friendly, greed and crime arent everywhere and a person can have a few acres (or more). Often these places come with lower taxes and lower priced homes because of jobs and the economy. I just wish i could move soon too, heck, if i do move it will have to be soon, lol. Anyway, its about you and i hope your dreams come true. :choppersm Bry

·
Registered
882 Posts
Nice place you got there. You are right down the road from me (during the week), I'm by the longbeach airport. You asked where I got the temp and time for my ride, sorry I forgot to get back to you. I got them from J&P cycles, but had to trim them to fit where they are. Good luck on the sale.

·
Premium Member
27,731 Posts
Congrats on the sale and the new adventure. We'll be relocating to Ohio for the summers to try life in our 5th wheel(don't really want another set of new bills right now) and do some traveling. Lots of places we'd like to see. If that doesn't work out for us then I'm going to look in Tn too, I like Cooksville or the Crossville areas in the mountains. Karen does want to live in FBE anymore so I maynot win this battle. Good luck and I wish you all the good fortune you deserve.

·
Slayer of Chickens
7,029 Posts
I fell in love with your house already just from the ad! :)

Good luck with your move, may it be seemless and stress free.

Mort

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
Beautiful home. I spent the summers in Torrance growing up (product of a divorce) and although I love the weather and fairly constant temps, there is no way I'd live there again. Good luck with the move.

·
Registered
4,892 Posts
Just remember when you move to Tennessee. That's in the SEC (southeastern conference) of college football. People around here live and breath college football. So you'll have to declare a team by fall. Will it be the Volunteers of Tennessee or the Vanderbilt Commodores? Or you can go out of state as well. Alabama or Auburn the 2009 and 2010 national champs respectively. Or theres the GA Bulldogs , the LSU tigers , Razorbacks and Gamecocks and Wildcats oh my! Just remember, nuttin sucks like a Big Orange!!!

Roll Tide!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts