Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up my new '05 1300R having gone all summer without a bike. I sold my 1100 last spring thinking I'd replace it with a 1300 or 1800, but never found the right bike until this weekend. Now, I'll have to put it away for the winter.

Happy with the deal I got, though. Just wish I could have had it a couple months ago. Oh well, spring is only 106 days away

·
Registered
6,396 Posts
Congrats on the new ride, I feel your pain about winter. Just started the 1800 to let it run a little, not much riding going on at 23 degrees.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
Welcome aboard from SE Texas! :cheers: Let the winter mods begin! :choppersm

·
Premium Member
3,915 Posts
Welcome to the Cafe from the Ozarks in Arkansas. I agree with Bassdude....this cold weather has lost its' novelty. Supposed to go down to 17 tonight. Think I'll take the cage in the morning. :(

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Welcome to the Cafe from Pennsylvania and hope spring comes soon for you.
I know that feeling....I decided as it was Dry and Sunny on Saturday, I went for a ride. It was all of 27f and at this point, I think I will be happy to wait until it gets at least back in to 40's. By then, I might have feeling back in my body. ;)

·
Premium Member
3,915 Posts
Welcome to the Cafe from Pennsylvania and hope spring comes soon for you.
I know that feeling....I decided as it was Dry and Sunny on Saturday, I went for a ride. It was all of 27f and at this point, I think I will be happy to wait until it gets at least back in to 40's. By then, I might have feeling back in my body. ;)
There's cold... and then there's "motorcycle cold". Hurts, don't it? Hope you get to feel your toes soon.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Welcome to the Cafe, Patkiltrick. You bought a great bike and now you can just clean it, mod it, feed it chrome, say nice things to it and wait til the winter's over. I'm in a cold weather state too, just not as cold as michigan.
good luck with your new ride!
bry:choppersm

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts
Duck Down

Welcome to the Cafe from SW Florida, where we can ride most of the year. Gets hot in the summer, but we can still ride. Taking the bike to a retirement breakfast in the morning, will enjoy the ride for everyone. LOL:choppersm

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
Congrats on your new bike and welcome "Michigander". Stick with us and you will learn and have a lot of fun with us. Keep looking on this board and watch for the tech session that we will be having in the spring in upper Indiana near New Carlisle, in. Well worth going to.

Donut/Doug:patriot:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts