Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
A Texan
4,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In the past I have voiced complaints about vendors short comings, misrepresentations and just bad products on the Cafe so I really don't know how to present this.

I sent a seat to Robert Doerr for mods. He got the seat Friday.

Since then he has called me twice for conformations and clarifications.

Here is my complaint. He repeatedly calls me "Mr. Turner" and "Sir".

It makes me feel old. LOL
That's my complaint ?? Is that a complaint ??

A vendor ( fellow Cafe member and all round good guy from what I can tell from all the dealings I have had with him ) who shows respect, concern and just plain manners to his customers. How refreshing is that ?

Just a quick thank you to Robert for his services and the manner in which he conducts his business.

To everyone out there - I don't believe you can do better than dealing with Robert....

But he still makes me feel old ... oh well I am getting old I'll just have to deal with it....

:mosh:..Complaint withdrawn .... Kudos sent in it's place .....:mosh:

Seat by Doerr

·
Registered
243 Posts
Your seat looks very nice. Please don't take that the wrong way. Where do I find more information about Mr. Doerr? I would have him do some work for my seat that has been cat-or-ized (CLAWED).

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
Hey Bobby, is this the seat to the Valk already. you should have consulted with me about it, i mean, after your wife kills you, i dont want to be doing any mods to it...hahah!!! :choppersm

·
Gator for life
4,116 Posts
With that title I was about to start jumping all over you. LOL

You got it right though. Robert is very polite and an all around good guy. Fighting fires and doing upholstery is not an easy balance and in my opinion he does pretty well. Nobody can please everybody all the time, but I think he does an excellent job. Like he always says, tell him exactly what you want and he'll show you the way to get there. :mosh:

·
A Texan
4,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Bobby, is this the seat to the Valk already. you should have consulted with me about it, i mean, after your wife kills you, i dont want to be doing any mods to it...hahah!!! :choppersm
Haven't made a decision yet on the Valk ... Robert is reworking the seat he modded for my wife's bike in Post 1 to accommodate an Utopia Back Rest.

·
X-Bull Rider
1,053 Posts
Robert

He makes seats that are too cool to cover up with my fat ass.
I need to find a way to run along beside the Bull so everyone can see the seat.
:choppersm

·
Premium Member
27,731 Posts
Get used to it Bob, it's a Southern thing. I've been trying to get Bob snf Dan(Amos Moses) to call me Jerry for as long as I've known them. Dan stops at out house quite often and it's sir and Ma'am all the time. We've threathed to kill him and he still does it.

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
I was wondering if it was the Valk seat as well. I really want to send my seat to Robert but can't decide if I want to go to stock and have it modified or send in my Ultimate seat. I love the Ultimate backrest but love Robert's work.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts