Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

Which ones do you think look best for the VTX??

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Merry Christmas in advance!

I'd like your opinion. Please vote on which one of these bags you like the most. I'm torn between the three choices. All are lockable. I know that beauty is in the eye of the beholder but I'd like your vote.

1 - National Cycle - the smallest and most expensive of the bunch

2 - LeatherLyke - well known and old school bag look. The trunk could be added for a complete look.

3 - The new Tsukayu bags specially designed for the VTX. I'd have to put the stock blinkers back on I think.

Thanks for your vote.

Dave

·
Premium Member
27,731 Posts
I had the NC's and they were great. there a lot of room in them and they don't leak. I only changed to th Beetle Bags for the looks andI never use the bags that much anyway. The new Tsukayu are too big IMHO, they'd be great for traveling with a wife though. They aways need both bags for a 3 day trip it seems like.:D

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
I like the look of the Tsukayu bags especially from the side as they flow with the cycle. I recently ordered their 6x9 fairing and as soon as they release the bags I will order them as well. When the get installed will be another matter...My fingers kind of like it North of 55f when doing work on the bike.

·
Registered
4,323 Posts
I guess I will vote National Cycle because that is what I will have on my bike.....

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
Leatherlykes is my vote, but then again that's what I have. :mosh:

·
Registered
54 Posts
The only bag I have on my VTX is a Kury Roll Bag that mounts to the handlebars.

However, I do kind of like the look of the Tsukaya's.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
It all depends on what look your after plus what I like might not be what's catching your eye ! I like the leather with studs look most. But on say Winderbears bike the rounded hard bags are awesome and the leather studded wouldn't look 1/2 as good ! So that should be as clear as mud !:nope:

·
Registered
223 Posts
I like the look of the Tsukayu bags especially from the side as they flow with the cycle. I recently ordered their 6x9 fairing and as soon as they release the bags I will order them as well. When the get installed will be another matter...My fingers kind of like it North of 55f when doing work on the bike.
That is the same reason I like the NEW Tsukayu bags, the ones that have not come out yet, the VTX specific kind. I also agree about installation. I have a Kury curved plate holder and a Kury transformer backrest to install when it warms up a little bit.

Jeremy
:choppersm

·
Premium Member
10,101 Posts
I had the National Cycle on my 1100 Shadow and were very good. I had them for six years and looked like the day they were put on. They cost around $700.00 back in 2003, best I remember. Wishing you a nice day.

·
Registered
126 Posts
If I had the money, I would go with the Tsukayu bags. They would have to have a quick release though as I am constantly swithcing up from full gear (back seat/rest, windshield) to stripped.....

·
Premium Member
1,165 Posts
I have the NC and find they hold plenty... nice workmanship, compact quick release bracket...

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
i am all for more storage on the bike.....i really like the 3 piece set but, if i can get side bags that are the size that you show in the pics above, i'd do that instead and keep the back of the bike clean......i love storage, and i use it. i will do groceries, and am not afraid of tying things up on the bike to carry, so the big ass bags get my vote.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Tsukayu bags from rear view they look way to big

for the 1300. Just does not seems to "Look" right.
Just my thought.

I picked NC. which are working for me. I will let you know next year if I still do.
JSR in HSV ar

1 - 20 of 34 Posts