Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If I had lots of money, land and a big shed I'd have both of these parked next to my VTX 1300C. A Cat D9G and DW21 Scraper. I had the opprotunity to operate the scraper. A contractor at our church had one, and I asked, and he let me have the wheel! A big kids dream come true. I watched these two tear up the road in front of our house as a kid. I can't tell you the times I've been out on the VTX and come across an old derelict Cat dozer or scraper and had to stop and nose around. Of course there's lots of nice videos on Youtube. Nothing like the sound of the high rpm pony motor warming up to start the big cat.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Oh yeah, can't forget one of these in the shed too. Twin Cities Lines is the transit company where I may have ridden this actual one. My mom took me downtown Minneapolis regularly on one of these. They have a great sounding motor. I'm looking into the transportation museum that has this and seeing if I can't become a driver. The same museum also has railroad equipment. I don't know I could do both. If I can learn to ride a motorcycle at 62 I bet I can do this too. No power steering here. A steering wheel as big as the front tire requires ape arms to turn the thing. After college until I could find a job in my field, I trained with Greyhound to drive frieght in one of thier passenger MC7's. That was fun.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts