Votes: 163 19.8%
  • Not in a Million years

Votes: 335 40.8%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 1296 Posts

·
Dragon Slayer
8,515 Posts
It would depend on the model, I would take an Electra Glide for the same price I paid for my "X".If it had to be the same cc's, or a 1200, I would have to decline, the "X" is a much better bike than H-D's 1200 sportsters.

·
"Semper Fidelis"
5,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That would be a big fat NO for me. Just in case you are all wondering.

·
Archive Digger
675 Posts
No. I get a headache every time my buddy brings his fatboy over for work. I've had a lot of headaches lately.........

·
Darksider
2,849 Posts
Nope, not a single HD that honestly strikes my fancy. They all start looking the same too quick...and what's up the the letter names?!? :drunk:flth..flh..flxgashog....flhoverpricedht:coffee:

·
Premium Member
27,731 Posts
Been there, done that, wore the T-shirt out. No thanks I'll hold what I've got, why fold a winning hand. Harleys are what drove me to Hondas in the first place once I got over the American Iron crap.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Nope, not a single HD that honestly strikes my fancy. They all start looking the same too quick...and what's up the the letter names?!? :drunk:flth..flh..flxgashog....flhoverpricedht:coffee:
+1 on the looking the same, rode a few of them
not no more. the x is here to stay

·
"Semper Fidelis"
5,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No. I get a headache every time my buddy brings his fatboy over for work. I've had a lot of headaches lately.........
Too funny. now that you mention it. I get those too but I'm not sure if it is the bike or the ego that brings it on.:D

Reactions: TW051300

·
"Semper Fidelis"
5,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
:hmm2:I love my X, but would consider the Fatboy or Fatbob.
I looked at, and have ridden both:nope:I will stay with my X for sure:D

·
"Semper Fidelis"
5,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Maybe, depends on the model...but it would be in addition to not in replacement of. When I was looikng for a bike I had the $ for the Fatboy, got the X instead, price was a slight factor but I really like the looks of the X way better.
Thats where I was too. I don't know how I could ever go to a HD:nope:

·
Registered
18,990 Posts
I sat on many HD befor I deciced on the X.

seems every HD I sat on my knees were up in my face and I would have had to get forward controls put on befor I could even ride off, they even had the controls in stock for $1,000 ya right I give you close to $20,000 for a bike and have to put another $1000 befor I can ride.

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
My Dad had a HD when I was 5. When I was older my father and my brother both had Honda's, and later so did I. So, I feel like our family was a Honda family.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Truth is when this X came along....I was looking for a Harley. I'll try and post a pik of my old custom HD tomorrow but, at the end of the day I couldn't get in a Harley what I found in this bike which def included the price.

I've got the experience in both worlds and have to admit, this is much nicer. Many of my friends ride Harleys 'cause its a Harley' and when you ask them at the end of the day that is the simple reason for their purchase.

There is not an argument that can be won in this day and age between the two including resale any more... I watch bike sales avidly and the hardest machine to sell now is the HD because economy has forced lower prices to which many HD owners won't follow the economy. Conversely, HD could never lower bike prices for much of the same reason and,thus we see HD in a pinch.

With respect to curb appeal, there is not a HD out there that has this same character and can be counted on to take me miles at a time in comfort...

·
Retired Fire Capt
773 Posts
I liked the looks of the X better. Just felt right when I sat on it. Couldn't decide between the 18 and 13. Price was just too good for the 13 and this being my first bike and all......very satisfied.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Since I picked my up yesterday, took it to a buddy's house to show him. He rides a Road King. He was blown away. He couldn't believe how big it was. Even his wife came out and said "that makes ours look like sh*t". I swear to you she did.

I rode several "big" Harleys and other bikes before buying the VTX.

I didn't want to buy a Harley and be one of those guys who do it just so I could wear the shirt. Sooo many of them out there.

You can't peel me off mine now.

Just my two cents.

·
"Semper Fidelis"
5,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Since I picked my up yesterday, took it to a buddy's house to show him. He rides a Road King. He was blown away. He couldn't believe how big it was. Even his wife came out and said "that makes ours look like sh*t". I swear to you she did.

I rode several "big" Harleys and other bikes before buying the VTX.

I didn't want to buy a Harley and be one of those guys who do it just so I could wear the shirt. Sooo many of them out there.

You can't peel me off mine now.

Just my two cents.
Thats funny that it is usually the wives that make that comment first knowing the husband is probably thinking it but doesn't have the bulls to say it too.

1 - 20 of 1296 Posts