Votes: 162 19.8%
  • Not in a Million years

Votes: 334 40.8%

• Total voters
1241 - 1260 of 1293 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
:D It looks as if you forgot the part about the kickstand being too short on your X and needing to use a rock to hold it up too.:D If I had all thos problems with my X when i bought it...I wouldn't have kept it for nothin:nope:I would imagine you get a lot of ribbin from HD guys for having to tote that rock around to park it too.
My kickstand is finenever have to put anything under it

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
241 Posts
the only thing I'll give Harley-Davidson is that it cost more as far as price goes. I used to own a 96 Heritage Softail Classic from 1999 until about 2002. if we're going to split hairs about looks and sound, then there will never be any consensus on anything. But I can say in a performance perspective, that the VTX outperforms Harley pretty much in every single category. I put about 42000 miles in 3 years on my flstc with no issues other than the fact then parts and maintenance cost through the roof compared to any metric bike.
For me, the VTX is a keeper. Sure if I had the money I would have another bike as well. But until those Lotto numbers work out for me LOL, I'm sticking with the X.

·
Registered
15,984 Posts
Hey .... i read some posts and this one was one .... do not close the post ....we read sometimes just to learn a few things .
Thanks
My apologies.

·
~ High-Finesse Hooligan ~
11,562 Posts
Thread: If you could own a NEW Harley for the price of a baked potato would you own a container of sour cream instead?

Fixed it for ya!

My point is, this thread doesn’t make sense anymore. A VTX goes for $2k to $4k depending on condition. Hell yeah, I'd own a new Harley for that price - then sell it to buy 7 to 15 VTX's, or 2 brand new Rocket III's, or... well... you get the point. I'm never for closing threads... leave it open... just quit replying to it! LOL, oooops! I just did! :doh: :bleh: :icon_chee

·
~ High-Finesse Hooligan ~
11,562 Posts
Thread: If you could own a NEW Harley for the price of a baked potato would you own a container of sour cream instead?

Fixed it for ya!

My point is, this thread doesn’t make sense anymore. A VTX goes for $2k to $4k depending on condition. Hell yeah, I'd own a new Harley for that price - then sell it to buy 7 to 15 VTX's, or 2 brand new Rocket III's, or... well... you get the point. I'm never for closing threads... leave it open... just quit replying to it! LOL, oooops! I just did! :doh: :bleh: :icon_chee
^^^ Wifey :swoon: adds: "...or 3 Indian Scouts!" :doh: ...sorry Hunny, fuhgot to use your bike as an example... :icon_chee Ooooops!! :doh: I replied to it again! :kidding:

·
Registered
15,984 Posts
^^^ Wifey :swoon: adds: "...or 3 Indian Scouts!" :doh: ...sorry Hunny, fuhgot to use your bike as an example... :icon_chee Ooooops!! :doh: I replied to it again! :kidding:
A-HA! It gotcha TWICE! :doh: Now I went -n-DONE IT!

·
Super Moderator
9,652 Posts
Indians are expensive also. A new top of the line Indian Roadmaster is close to and maybe even more expensive than the price of a Harley Ultra Classic. Of course with the Roadmaster, you are effectively getting the equivalent of an HD Ultra Classic CVO which would be more than the Roadmaster.

·
Registered
7,932 Posts
Indians are expensive also. A new top of the line Indian Roadmaster is close to and maybe even more expensive than the price of a Harley Ultra Classic. Of course with the Roadmaster, you are effectively getting the equivalent of an HD Ultra Classic CVO which would be more than the Roadmaster.
I agree... big money...

·
This guy needs all 1800cc
2,043 Posts
I gotta comment again on this thread. Simply out of principle...
Love my VTX, but some of those Harleys sure are nice! Yes, money is a barrier to entry for me. If I happened to have $25-30k available, you can bet your @$$ it would turn into a Chevelle far faster than considering buying a Harley. The X is likely here to stay though.

·
Registered
199 Posts
our group of 4 have 2 of 1300 and 1 of 1800 custom ....now he looks or 1 ...so VTX is a keeper .
I spend sometimes to read and learn from the group , all because i will taking care of those bikes ,maintanaince ....LOL

·
Registered
15,984 Posts
You know, so much of the negativity shown here towards HD, is a 'back atcha' response for all the years of HD owners looking down their noses at other brands. You all know what I mean, the "If you ain't Harley, you ain't sh##" attitudes. "Oh- you ride a RICE-BURNER? Sorry to hear that." Etc., etc., etc. The problem is THEIRS, not ours. I've owned 7 bikes. ALL Honda's. Why change just for status and to show I have something way overpriced?

·
Registered
554 Posts
Around here it seems the Adventure bike riders are the new snobs. I still get a rice burner comment from the occasional Harley Rider, but nothing like 30 years ago.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Around here it seems the Adventure bike riders are the new snobs. I still get a rice burner comment from the occasional Harley Rider, but nothing like 30 years ago.
i've noticed that. i can pretty much count on one hand how many times adventure bikers have waved back. don't know why. really a non waving harley rider is the exception, but the things said about them really seems more to apply to adventure riders.

as far as the original old question, at this point i've have my vtx and harley together for about 4 years (vtx brought in 2009, harley brought in 2014). still no question the honda is the better bike, but if i had to give up one, i might choose the harley. mainly because i like what i have (springer classic) and it would be harder to find another. truthfully, i've been wanting an adventure bike myself, and if the right deal happened maybe i'd let the vtx go to get it. having my way i'd be adding the adventure bike and keeping what i have.

as far as more comparable bikes, i really like the look of the indian dark horse, but not quite enough to let the vtx go to get it (plus make those payments when i have a known quantity reliable bike).

·
Registered
241 Posts
A buddy of mine has a 2016 Road Glide CVO and my X which is tiny fraction of what he paid, blow him out of the water! Weather off the start, mid-range, and I'm sure top speed as well although I haven't tried that.
My previous bike was a Honda Shadow Ace 750 used to crack jokes that I'm riding a moped.
it's all good now, cuz when we all go riding I put him and his 30 grand bike right where they should be. At the back of the pack!

1241 - 1260 of 1293 Posts