• Not in a Million years

Votes: 335 40.8%

• Total voters
1261 - 1280 of 1296 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,455 Posts
I love this thread :bigarmhug:

Yup, doesn't take much to stir up a sh!t storm around here sometimes does it!!!!!:47b20s0: :stirpot::14:

Back in 2012 When I had only been here a short while I posted my opinion to this question and made a reference to my brother who had a Harley and about the fact that he had about every Harley doodad that was out there. I was accused by one of the old timers on here of being a troll!!!!!!! Go figure, it asks a question and then if you express your opinion you get bad mouthed!!!!! Heck, I used to regularly ride with my brother (you know, the Harley guy) even though he would regularly make comments to anybody that would listen to him about how he let me ride with him even though I was riding a Honda!..................I don't ride with him any more!!!............................Go figure!!!!:banghead: :tapfoot: :47b20s0:

·
This guy needs all 1800cc
2,047 Posts
Now look what you guys have done with your trollin'! This thread has four new posts just today, and there's still daylight left!

·
Super Moderator
5,455 Posts
Now look what you guys have done with your trollin'! This thread has four new posts just today, and there's still daylight left!

:banghead: :tapfoot: :hmm2: :doh: :icon_chee

Well, to be clear Nate, there is still daylight left on the left coast........................................but back East, they are already in bed!!!!!!:doh: :glee::coffeecup:

·
Deplorable member
7,409 Posts
Yup, doesn't take much to stir up a sh!t storm around here sometimes does it!!!!!:47b20s0: :stirpot::14:

Back in 2012 When I had only been here a short while I posted my opinion to this question and made a reference to my brother who had a Harley and about the fact that he had about every Harley doodad that was out there. I was accused by one of the old timers on here of being a troll!!!!!!! Go figure, it asks a question and then if you express your opinion you get bad mouthed!!!!! Heck, I used to regularly ride with my brother (you know, the Harley guy) even though he would regularly make comments to anybody that would listen to him about how he let me ride with him even though I was riding a Honda!..................I don't ride with him any more!!!............................Go figure!!!!:banghead: :tapfoot: :47b20s0:
It's because your bike still runs.:cheers:

·
~ High-Finesse Hooligan ~
11,589 Posts
:banghead: :tapfoot: :hmm2: :doh: :icon_chee

Well, to be clear Nate, there is still daylight left on the left coast........................................but back East, they are already in bed!!!!!!:doh: :glee::coffeecup:
:tapfoot: heyyyyy... :shrug: ...well ...yeah, but what are we all doing there? :icon_susp :icon_pelvic_thrust2

·
2,047 Posts
Instead of the question in the original post, the updated question should be (big hypothetical question here with two big "ifs") -

"If the VTX was still in production (with nice updates but the same look, power, reliability) - would you buy a new VTX or buy a new Harley? - assuming money/price is not a factor."

Reactions: PaXman11

·
Fastest Red Club Member
2007 VTX 1300R, Indianapolis
7,519 Posts
Actually I'd buy a Victory before Harley, so I did. :p
Just wish I had time to enjoy two bikes.

Both Honda and Harley with family members so brands have never mattered to me. Grandpa rode both. Uncle too.
A bike is a bike to me just ride and be happy. :)

I do recommend the VTX to people that say they are interested in riding. More power than a shadow for less cash.

·
Registered
16,603 Posts
Instead of the question in the original post, the updated question should be (big hypothetical question here with two big "ifs") -

"If the VTX was still in production (with nice updates but the same look, power, reliability) - would you buy a new VTX or buy a new Harley? - assuming money/price is not a factor."
I've had 7 bikes, all Honda, so what does that tell you. Not impressed with status or overpriced 'iron'.

Reactions: nate6966

·
2,047 Posts
If money were no object, I would absolutely consider, and even go test ride, a CVO Breakout and a CVO Road Glide. I'm really curious about the new Milwaukee engines and how well the CVO 110 (staged up) might perform. On the VTX side, I know where it stands with the nearly unmatched power.
Can't say I know what I'd buy, but I do know the only things that make me think about replacing my 1800F right now is the lack of storage space and the fact that they stopped making these bikes 10 years ago.

·
Registered
8,352 Posts
107 and 114 are nice engines..... forget the old... they were replaced for a reason...

just like the CB750 or all the early 4 cylinder Honda's... good for the time.. but there time has passed...

·
Registered
602 Posts
I was looking for a used Road King earlier this year. I had never seen an 1800VTX. After a ton of research I decided i didn't want the older engine and couldn't afford the new.

Once I found a VTX I knew my search was over.

But, if someone dropped $25k in my lap, a new bike would be nice, and Honda dropped the VTX.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I agree 100%. Although HD's are nice looking machines with a
Low center of gravity, the price you pay cannot be justified. it's not the question whether or not you have the money the question is are you getting value for your money? I owned a 1996 FLSTC in States Blue Pearl which in my opinion was one of the nicest factory colors HD had. I paid almost 20 grand for it and this was back in 1999! I got all my money back when I sold it two years later however I cannot justify paying that much for a motorcycle especially when the VTX in my opinion is a much better all-around bike for a fraction of the price.
I paid about 4 K for my X and I will put any Harley CVO model to shame as far as shredding the pavement!
Bottom line? HD it's not worth it and it's not surprising that the manufacturer is clearly struggling today.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I've recently test driven a Chieftain Dark Horse and a Chief while a buddy of mine was looking. I also sat on a couple Harleys. The only one I would consider from the Harley side would be an Electra Glide CVO but even then it would be a stretch.

Reactions: nate6966

·
Premium Member
10,101 Posts
I've recently test driven a Chieftain Dark Horse and a Chief while a buddy of mine was looking. I also sat on a couple Harleys. The only one I would consider from the Harley side would be an Electra Glide CVO but even then it would be a stretch.
I dont think so, my Honda VTX has never let me down in now 96,000 miles plus or 10 years. ?? ??

·
Registered
2007 1300C
479 Posts
Easy question to answer, NO. I would not take an HD motorcycle in place of my VTX, I would not give them the satisfaction. Harley makes some good bikes, but their attitude towards other bikes is a big turnoff.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I agree with 07 blackcherry I don't like the attitudes of some not all Harley riders. I was pulled over on side of road one time on my cell phone and this guy on a Harley pulled up and asked me if I needed help so there are some good ones out there. Another reason I wouldn't take one over the x is the price and not liquid cooled buy what you like because in the end you're the one having fun and respect all bikes . Ride the wind and stay safe.

1261 - 1280 of 1296 Posts