Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 20 of 153 Posts

·
Team Orange
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
West Central Indiana M&G in West Lafayette

Figured I would see if anyone would be interested in meeting up in Lafayette, IN for a meet n greet on June 15th. I figured we could all meet somewhere and have lunch or supper depending on the time. Then head out for a ride. I'm sure between Fuman (not Furman lol) and I we could come up with some pretty cool areas to ride.

Again I'm just trying to get a meet and greet started, so obviously times and the meeting place can be discussed.

·
X-Bull Rider
1,052 Posts
If you are going to meet in Lafayette, grabbing lunch at the XXX Drive-In needs to be a stop. Then head out on River Road.

·
X-Bull Rider
1,052 Posts
XXX stands for the secret formula for root beer that the owner brewed back in the late 40s. That was long before the movie industry took over the brand. The place was one of Guy Fieri stops on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives. They have really great sandwiches and root beer. We used to hang out there back in the 60s when I was a kid, it was one of the stops on cruze nights.

·
The guitar, not the fish!
33,457 Posts
If you are going to meet in Lafayette, grabbing lunch at the XXX Drive-In needs to be a stop. Then head out on River Road.
XXX Drive-In sounds like an Adult place. What the heck kinda ride you Indiana dudes planning here anyhow?

Do your wives know about this?
I like the sound of this already!!!...:47b20s0:

And Jenny will be fine with it...She's never been in a "Gentlemen's Club" and has always wanted to go to one, just to see what it's like....

Which brings up another point...Why do they call them "Gentlemen's Clubs"???...I've been to quite a few in my lifetime, and not too many gentlemen in there....Usually just a bunch of pervs, dirty old men, and young kids (just old enough to get in the door) that haven't seen a pair of boobs since they were breast fed by their mommy....

Anyways, pretty sure we could make this unless Jenny has something going on that day...

·
Team Orange
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Triple X could work, I was planning on heading out river Road, through battleground, then snake our way over to Oakdale dam. It's a pretty popular biker hang out with a restaurant and neat views of the dam. (obviously if we just ate at Triple X we probably wouldn't want to eat again but it's a neat place to go) Also the ride to Oakdale is mostly country roads with quite a few twisties.

·
Team Orange
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
June 15th would be good if your doing the Triple X because the Purdue students would be gone for the summer. North River Rd through Battle Ground up Springboro Rd to the Oakdale Dam is a nice ride. I love Springboro Rd with it twisties and The Tunnel of Trees as my kids call them. That's about 25-30 miles. If we need longer, we could go across Carrollton Bridge down to Adams Mill then head back to town from there.

·
Registered
3,613 Posts
Yes to the triple X looks amazing. I am tempted to head over there next free weekend. That food looks great.

·
No Reason To Be Serious
16,394 Posts
I like the sound of this already!!!...:47b20s0:

And Jenny will be fine with it...She's never been in a "Gentlemen's Club" and has always wanted to go to one, just to see what it's like....

Which brings up another point...Why do they call them "Gentlemen's Clubs"???...I've been to quite a few in my lifetime, and not too many gentlemen in there....Usually just a bunch of pervs, dirty old men, and young kids (just old enough to get in the door) that haven't seen a pair of boobs since they were breast fed by their mommy....

Anyways, pretty sure we could make this unless Jenny has something going on that day...
Wow, I guess I'm 2 of the 3. Cool... You would recognize me though, as I always have to sit in the front row, because I can't see to good.

·
Team Orange
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
June 15th would be good if your doing the Triple X because the Purdue students would be gone for the summer. North River Rd through Battle Ground up Springboro Rd to the Oakdale Dam is a nice ride. I love Springboro Rd with it twisties and The Tunnel of Trees as my kids call them! . That's about 25-30 miles. If we need longer, we could go across Carrollton Bridge down to Adams Mill then head back to town from there.
That would be a nice ride. I'm up for it. I'll probably ride to the dam Tuesday or Wednesday this week. Let me know if you want to join.

Thanks for the link... Cool place, wish I could go...
No problem, wish you could too. More the marrier

Who's setting up the parental supervision?
No one! Just a bunch of kids on large bore bikes. Ha ha

·
Team Orange
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Also by the 15th my bike build should be done :) it could be the unofficial super official unveiling of my bike build.

·
Fastest Red Club Member
7,197 Posts
June 15th would be good if your doing the Triple X because the Purdue students would be gone for the summer. North River Rd through Battle Ground up Springboro Rd to the Oakdale Dam is a nice ride. I love Springboro Rd with it twisties and The Tunnel of Trees as my kids call them. That's about 25-30 miles. If we need longer, we could go across Carrollton Bridge down to Adams Mill then head back to town from there.
How twisty? I personally hate 10-15 mph curves. lol

·
Team Orange
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
30-40mph depending on your skill level/bike you have.

1 - 20 of 153 Posts