Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My indicator lights are out, at least 5 lights total, the turn signal indicator lights, high beam, and back light for the speedometer
. I want to change them but don't know how or if i can, i was told i might have to replace the whole thing, does anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
All those lights are LEDS and ususally when they are out it's the fault of the two green connectors under the right-hand side front of the fuel tank. Has the trip counters been resetting as well?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Indicator lights

I agree with blackdot and epiphysis.. all lights are LED's and the likelyhood of ALL of them being bad are smaller than a gnats backside. You have something else going on.. connectors and fuses as they mentioned. Anything else not working... may point you even further in the right direction.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone

Thank you everyone that helped, i will look at it once i get the bike back from the shop. i don't have a manual, when i bought the bike there was not one there. Now that i think about it can i buy a new one?

and no tom, the trip counter is working just fine.

·
The guitar, not the fish!
33,457 Posts
Thank you everyone that helped, i will look at it once i get the bike back from the shop. i don't have a manual, when i bought the bike there was not one there. Now that i think about it can i buy a new one?

and no tom, the trip counter is working just fine.
The LED's that lightup the speedo and indicators are not replaceable without soldering...99% sure you have a buggered up green connector where the instrument panel connects with the main wiring harness...Those a fragile connectors and very easy to break the locking tab...

As far as a manual..The onwer's manual (if you bought the bike brand new) is behind the left sidecover inside the tool compartment...The 1300 service manual is available as a free download right here on the Cafe...Red sticky thread in the 1300 section...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts